ADVERTISEMENT

Is Hobbs a Hall of Famer ?

It's amazing the hatred for Fred on here (this site, not just this thread). His resume was impressive.
It's embarrassing to put someone down without knowing anything about him.
I give no credit for Hobbs hiring Schiano. He moved on immediately after they met. Others on here know exactly what went down between those two in the beginning. It was the fans, this board, Politi and finally the Governor forced Hobbs to hire him. This board was crazy during that time and we were all apart of it!
Big money boosters pushed the hire over the finish line. They wrote checks to cover some of it.

I love that people continue to believe that this board or even Politi had an impact in the process...lol.

Big money boosters pushed the hire over the finish line. They wrote checks to cover some of it.

I love that people continue to believe that this board or even Politi had an impact in the process...lol.
They did! Especially Murphy, which I never did like but then he finally supported Rutgers guaranteed funds for Rutgers upgrades. The boosters in the beginning let Hobbs start naming interviews candidates. Then the shit hit the fan.
Fact remains Hobbs didn't want Schiano and lost that battle.

He introduced Ash, the hire was basically done by the time he started. Unless you think a guy with like two weeks on the job and no football background could hire a coach that quickly.
The sad part of your response is a major AD from the B1G with no football background. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The sad part of your response is a major AD from the B1G with no football background. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Well considering what went down prior to his hire, he was likely one of the few that could run an AD and navigate through the muck in Trenton.

Can't recall what other names were in the running back then to opine if there was a better candidate with actual football background.

They did! Especially Murphy, which I never did like but then he finally supported Rutgers guaranteed funds for Rutgers upgrades. The boosters in the beginning let Hobbs start naming interviews candidates. Then the shit hit the fan.
Fact remains Hobbs didn't want Schiano and lost that battle.
And if you review each AD you'll find that many had a number of successes and several failures. Didn't Fred say no to joining the Big East several times? That's definitely a black mark on his overall resume and shows no one AD is ever perfect.

And if you review each AD you'll find that many had a number of successes and several failures. Didn't Fred say no to joining the Big East several times? That's definitely a black mark on his overall resume and shows no one AD is ever perfect.
Yes because they didn't have football. They had a quasi league with Penn State and all the independent Eastern schools, forget the name. Then Penn State gets invited to the Big Ten, then the rest joined the A-10 then the Big East WITH football. Certainly not a black mark.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT