ADVERTISEMENT

Joyner decommitted from BC, signs with Minnesota

I never understood why a kid would commit to a school for a position coach. Those coaches never last more then a season or two max. You gotta commit to a school you like based on the direction of the program from the head coach and also to a school that you are comfortable being at for your education regardless of who the coach is.

I never understood why a kid would commit to a school for a position coach. Those coaches never last more then a season or two max. You gotta commit to a school you like based on the direction of the program from the head coach and also to a school that you are comfortable being at for your education regardless of who the coach is.

You or I would think along those lines, but these kids are in a pretty tight bubble. I'm sure those who believe they have a shot of playing on Sundays look to the position coach to give them a bit of an advantage.

Who do you think you & your position group spends the most time with?

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
If you don't like "intense" you probably shouldn't be playing in the B1G 10.
CAA is much more laid back.
Not necessarily. Depends on your definition of intense. You think USC under Pete Carroll was “intense”?

exactly... 90% of the time is spent with the position coach and the other players in your group... i'd make a choice by asking myself "Do I get along with these guys(fellow players in your unit)?" "Is the coach on the same page as me?"

I went to UNC because my roomie my first year at Manlius wss there and had been married. I figured I could borrow his car (frosh couldn't have one at the time.) if on a date or bring a date to his apt and baby sit if he and his Wife wanted to go out.

Worked out fine till the entire coaching staff was fired and Bill Drooly as HC showed up and announced that the reason we stunk was "there'ins too many fooks from da Norff here'ins."

Next season I was at Syracuse.

I get that. But a position coach at most schools last about 2 seasons before they move on or change roles or get replaced. So if recruits you in his 1st year, that means by the time you enroll in school the following year you get about 1 season with him as your coach. And probably somebody different for the next 3-4 years.

my point being. Assistant coaches don’t last long in their current role. So i don’t get why that would be such a deciding factor. That’s very short term thinking.

I went to UNC because my roomie my first year at Manlius wss there and had been married. I figured I could borrow his car (frosh couldn't have one at the time.) if on a date or bring a date to his apt and baby sit if he and his Wife wanted to go out.

Worked out fine till the entire coaching staff was fired and Bill Drooly as HC showed up and announced that the reason we stunk was "there'ins too many fooks from da Norff here'ins."

Next season I was at Syracuse.

Manlius Pepple Hill or Fayetville Manlius ?

Really?

For 41 years, the late Hayden Fry and Kirk Ferentz have had some stability with coaches. Nebraska and Penn Sfate under Dr. Tom and Joe Pa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT