ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched the full Kansas CMU Game, My Analysis and Prediction

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

bought espn+ ( thanks @Richard Schnyderite ) and watched the whole CMU/Kansas game and here are my thoughts.

1) theyre not a very good team

2) despite not being a very good team they do have some speed

3) qb has a noodle arm and balls just hang in the air. With the range that saquan hampton has, I expect him to have a good day. They use two qbs, neither are good but are mobile and like to run

4) they will never have long sustained drives against us, theyre just not good enough up front to do so.

5) when they score it will be a homerun type of play to the RB #1. Hes only maybeee 170 soaking wet but Kid was a 4* out of louisiana and absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. We cannot let him get the ball in space. If we stop him, we basically stop their team. If we dont wrap him up, he will make us pay.

6) they run the texas state 2018/RU 2016 offense. Think texas states offense but with one dynamic playmaker in #1.

7) look for elorm lumor and mike tverdov to tee off on kevin feder (if ash doesnt drop them into coverage idiotically) Kevin feder formerly of bosco and ohio state is their starting right tackle and has awful feet. Lumor and mike t should be able to get around the edge on him and disrupt the qb.

8) their DL is OK. Not awful but definitely not good. They have a couple space eaters but in obvious passing downs they bring in speed rushers on the edge (who arent great anyway) My concern here is if seymour cant get out and get to them in time.

9) i THINK their base front is a 3-5-3. Their front is weird. Players always move but always only 3 down linemen. I dont think they know what they wanna run haha. But appears to be a 3-5-3

9) Gio is the best qb for us in THIS game. Kansas is very undisciplined in their rushing lanes and their DE’s often rush way too far up field and gio can exploit that and run for 8-10 yard gains all day. Art still doesnt seem to be accurate when he knows theres guys behind him.

10) we should be able to run for 5ypc on them. I expect blackshear to have a huge day as they dont defend the run or screens (rb and tunnel) particularly well.

11) their best defensive player imo is this throw back blue collar linebacker #26. Kids good and was all over the field. Honestly i was really impressed with him all around. Plays sideline to sideline, gets back into pass coverage, had an int. It will be very important that our OL and FB can reach him and not let him blow up plays.

My prediction is 24-17 RU

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News