ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Harris needs to play and be utilized

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
I know he's been in the doghouse and had a huge drop Saturday, but kid is a proven player . Use him. Find ways to get him the ball.

It was hard to see on TV but announcers got on him pretty good for stopping on a deep sideline route. Didn't look like Bolin was too happy about it either.

They did target him after that though so that's a good sign he's not completely in the dog house.

I'm not sure who or if that is even the case. Seems like when you have to ask about a player's absence, it's usually because the staff has made a decision of some sort. Personally I don't think much of JH being that much better than anyone else. He's fast but we seem to not have a shortage of speed.

Really? He's on full scholarship he's supposed to hustle.

This was a huge hustle play. Yes kids are supposed to hustle but that play is not one every kid makes.

He dropped a ball and stopped running on a route. He needs to fix those ASAP to get back to making plays.

Reactions: PaRU102
You mean the TRUE FROSH whose quarterback isn't getting a whole hell of a lot of time when he drops back to pass?
There were several plays where it seemed Bolin had about an our to pass but none of the receivers were open. Don't recall him being that hurried most of the day against EMU. Did we watch different games?

Reactions: koleszar
He is a back up at this level. Him playing is not a great sign for the WR spot.

There were several plays where it seemed Bolin had about an our to pass but none of the receivers were open. Don't recall him being that hurried most of the day against EMU. Did we watch different games?

I'm not defending our quarterback. The line did a lousy job, the receivers didn't et separation off the snap or run hood routes, and he did a lousy job.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It seems to be one of those rote fall back criticisms. I think receivers not getting open is one as well.

Were guys wide open? No but I'm sure there were oppurtunities.

Did Bolin have all day? No but he had sufficient time.

We saw EMU throwing the back shoulder throw for much of the game, if the pass is accurate it does not require a ton of space.

I know he's been in the doghouse and had a huge drop Saturday, but kid is a proven player . Use him. Find ways to get him the ball.
He needs to finish his routes, come back for balls thrown to him. He looked terrible last week, a lot has been said about the QB play but he got zero help from any receiver not named Grant.

He needs to finish his routes, come back for balls thrown to him. He looked terrible last week, a lot has been said about the QB play but he got zero help from any receiver not named Grant.

Even Grant did not come back to the ball that allowed the DB to break up the pass.

Reactions: tychicus
He was hurt most of the summer and was suspended for the 1st game. He was in for many plays and was target and had a poor performance last game, but so did a lot of players.

Program is being rebuilt. I'd hope he is earning any PT he is getting. Practicing hard could be more important than succeeding in games for the program.

They should target Melton more. He made a rookie mistake late hit but almost made a great juggling catch. He looks to have the body and skill to be able to contribute more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT