ADVERTISEMENT

Kante

Dylan Harper

Gavin Griffiths

If this means anything, they both posted it in their stories

Why? Have you personally scouted both players? Or did you just watch some highlight video and are reading this board.
You didn't ask me, but I'll answer
Papa is a 5. He's an upgrade over Wolf, probably wants to play a lot next year and that isn't going to happen unless Cliff leaves. I think Cliff is staying. I've seen Papa play in person.

Ndongo is potentially 4-5-3, more athletic, much better wing skills and court awareness. A more advanced player and made big strides at PSA as a wing. That's from what I've seen on video and from people who have seen him play in person.

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer
Papa is a 5. He's an upgrade over Wolf, probably wants to play a lot next year and that isn't going to happen unless Cliff leaves. I think Cliff is staying. I've seen Papa play in person.

Ndongo is potentially 4-5-3, more athletic, much better wing skills and court awareness. A more advanced player and made big strides at PSA as a wing. That's from what I've seen on video and from people who have seen him play in person.
Ndongo has legit NBA type ceiling upside. Kante seems too limited offensively to have that kind of ceiling

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Dylan Harper

Gavin Griffiths

If this means anything, they both posted it in their stories
For the non-Instagram folks do you mind giving us the scoop?

Thanks

It seems as this Ndongo situation has people more confident as it drags out. You can argue that if he really wanted to take the Georgetown offer that he likely would have decommitted and taken it by now

Interesting he brings up taking BOTH Ndongo and Kante

The depth and talent level would be insanely better

Bottom of the roster last year were guys like Miller Reiber Oskar and a redshirting project Chol. This year the end of the bench should be players who have more B1G level talent

It seems as this Ndongo situation has people more confident as it drags out. You can argue that if he really wanted to take the Georgetown offer that he likely would have decommitted and taken it by now

Bottom of the roster last year were guys like Miller Reiber Oskar and a redshirting project Chol. This year the end of the bench should be players who have more B1G level talent

Agree, if there is any chance at both, you take it and run. On paper, the 11th, 12th and 13th players in no particular order could be Davis, Woolfolk and Chol. That's a big leap from this past year and that's assuming 3 freshman are in your rotation (Griffiths, Ndongo and Kante).

I am more bullish on Davis the more tape I see on him, but playing time and practice is where you get better. If Davis is pushing Mulcahy, Simpson and Fernandes in practices, that can only be a good thing.

Reactions: Scangg and gregkoko
Agree, if there is any chance at both, you take it and run. On paper, the 11th, 12th and 13th players in no particular order could be Davis, Woolfolk and Chol. That's a big leap from this past year and that's assuming 3 freshman are in your rotation (Griffiths, Ndongo and Kante).

I am more bullish on Davis the more tape I see on him, but playing time and practice is where you get better. If Davis is pushing Mulcahy, Simpson and Fernandes in practices, that can only be a good thing.
I would love to land both, but if we are struggling to match money for Ndongo, can we scrape together enough for Kante as well?

I can't imagine Rutgers has a bottomless pit of money and the class of 24 is going to require seemingly a couple million

Davis seems definitely underrated to me. I heard he was injured last 2 AAU periods so that might explain it, but he has put up some big numbers at an elite HS

He pushes the pace and plays with intensity looking up to dish or taking it to the rim and finishes in a variety of ways with runners using both hands, off wrong foot, etc. Davis just seems like a baller who plays with intensity and will scrap on defense and stick his nose in to grab boards

Reactions: RUJMM78
I would love to land both, but if we are struggling to match money for Ndongo, can we scrape together enough for Kante as well?

I can't imagine Rutgers has a bottomless pit of money and the class of 24 is going to require seemingly a couple million

Davis seems definitely underrated to me. I heard he was injured last 2 AAU periods so that might explain it, but he has put up some big numbers at an elite HS

He pushes the pace and plays with intensity looking up to dish or taking it to the rim and finishes in a variety of ways with runners using both hands, off wrong foot, etc. Davis just seems like a baller who plays with intensity and will scrap on defense and stick his nose in to grab boards
Kante isn't going to Rutgers.

Reactions: shields

When we signed Davis, I said he was highly under rated. Can create.

Gavin has to work it
He will try. If Kante commits could change the dynamic with Ndongo. It will be interesting.

Kante does have a good connection with Pitt.

Like I said, my personal opinion, I would be surprised if he commits to Rutgers but IF he does the question is would it affect the situation with Ndongo or does it even boost the situation?

Something to think about.

He will try. If Kante commits could change the dynamic with Ndongo. It will be interesting.

Kante does have a good connection with Pitt.

Like I said, my personal opinion, I would be surprised if he commits to Rutgers but IF he does the question is would it affect the situation with Ndongo or does it even boost the situation?

Something to think about.
The best hope of landing Kanye would be the efforts of Gavin, but it seems early indications are that other programs are being mentioned first

Chances with Ndango are better because we can almost promise he will start at the 4, where Kanye is bumping into Cliff more directly, so the sales pitch for him would be the following year starter, major backup this year

Reactions: rutgershoopsinsider

The optimistic part of me says the longer it drags out the better for RU

The pessimistic part says he is maybe visiting Georgetown, and others, and we don't know it, and we are further away from getting him

The best hope of landing Kanye would be the efforts of Gavin, but it seems early indications are that other programs are being mentioned first

Chances with Ndango are better because we can almost promise he will start at the 4, where Kanye is bumping into Cliff more directly, so the sales pitch for him would be the following year starter, major backup this year
We definitely can't promise Ndongo that he will start over Mag this year at the 4 or next year with Mag and Ace

landing either ndongo or kante would be great, both would be a dream - get as many talented players on the roster as you can. kids are gonna decide to use the transfer portal either way we shouldnt worry about kids leaving over not getting minutes. if we needed them they’d be getting the minutes.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If Gavin and/or his family were going to try to influence Papa to go to Rutgers, he would have signed with Rutgers in the first place.
Probably so, had we been a close second you would have thought we now had a chance, but many here feel we are not in line at this point
So as fans we move on I guess

I like the optimism, but you’re assuming Ndongo and Kante will both be on the team, when its likely neither will be on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT