ADVERTISEMENT

Football Kirk Herbstreit on Rutgers as a CFP Dark Horse....

Kirk Herbstreit believes that #Rutgers Football is a dark horse to make the College Football Playoff.

"Rutgers has a schedule that by Big Ten standards and this world that we’re in, they can make a little bit of a run.”

• Love
Reactions: mosito and eddynyse
As I said when posting Herb's dark-horse article in A;s greatest team thread.
Looks like Herb read what Al has to say about this year's team and agrees wit Al
Also looks like Herb is catching flack like Al does when he talks about how good he thinks Rutgers football is 😉

Looks like Herb read what Al has to say about this year's team and agrees wit Al
Also looks like Herb is catching flack like Al does when he talks about how good he thinks Rutgers football is 😉
KH has never ever talked about RU the way delusional does…as in ever! In fact he’s probably never spoken about Ohio State or Bama that way either.

☺️

More likely Herbie read what a board legend, who has been right on so many things posted here months ago

I honestly don’t see his comment as truly calling Rutgers a “dark horse contender for playoff”. He mentions that he thinks a favorable schedule is a big part of it and then mentions that “someone like Rutgers” who has that. It’s not a strong endorsement or claim. It’s more like we have the right circumstances setup for us.

More likely Herbie read what a board legend, who has been right on so many things posted here months ago

sad to see you're jealous of the attention Al is getting , but I'll give you credit for parroting Al's type optimism in that thread.
Al is a legend on every board he enters and now the national media has sit up and taken notice of him.
Fear not you can brag about being a Al clone in that thread you posted a link to and you do call some things right. Which might help you be able to claim legend status here.
If you want it, take it. I won't complain if you claim to be a TKR legend .
If that makes you feel good: goferit !

I have made good guesses as well, but am scared to remind people about it, they might reply with all the guesses I was wrong about.
Though I doubt anyone would keep track of them.
Just like I don't keep track of the wrong guesses others make.

But Al is constantly telling people how good Rutgers is and now the national media is parroting his thoughts .
Good for Al to have that happening and Plum you can brag about being smart enough to have followed the example Al had set , so many times before, when you started that playoff thread
200w.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RedTeam1994
With all these types of threads, nobody should take issue with Rutgers Al's posts anymore...

I don’t see them as the same. Being a dark horse means we are a long shot with a non-zero chance to surprise people. That’s a very different way of positioning the outlook than saying “10 wins should be the bare minimum and anything less would be a big disappointment”.

Reactions: Kbee3
sad to see you're jealous of the attention Al is getting , but I'll give you credit for parroting Al's type optimism in that thread.
Al is a legend on every board he enters and now the national media has sit up and taken notice of him.
Fear not you can brag about being a Al clone in that thread you posted a link to and you do call some things right. Which might help you be able to claim legend status here.
If you want it, take it. I won't complain if you claim to be a TKR legend .
If that makes you feel good: goferit !

I have made good guesses as well, but am scared to remind people about it, they might reply with all the guesses I was wrong about.
Though I doubt anyone would keep track of them.
Just like I don't keep track of the wrong guesses others make.

But Al is constantly telling people how good Rutgers is and now the national media is parroting his thoughts .
Good for Al to have that happening and Plum you can brag about being smart enough to have followed the example Al had set , so many times before, when you started that playoff thread
200w.gif

I wouldn’t say the media is following Al’s lead. They are just saying what we already know. The schedule sets up a big opportunity. We don’t have to play the best teams in the conference so we avoid automatic losses. Thats far from saying we should easily win a minimum of 10 games and anything less would be a big disappointment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT