ADVERTISEMENT

We will contend for a playoff spot in 2024

This is the year to make some noise, but maybe not that much. The schedule is as favorable as we have seen, probably since joining the conference.

Nice to be optimistic going into 2024 and how would this project around the country? There are still 4-5 questions we need to see solved. The main ones being QB , WR and TE and can the Oline continue to improve under coach Flats. Do I think we can surprise like 2006 ? No …. All things are relative so I ‘ll wait and see what these youngsters look like during the spring period. Need improvement in all areas but the QB position is what will determine Rutger’s progression in the conference and on the National stage.

Contend for a playoff spot in football or another sport?
Inquiring minds need to know 😇

gaVIN will get us IN! Mark it down!

We
iu
B1G!

#LEGEND 🐐

Last edited:
Let's put it this way, after week two we certainly will still be in the running for the playoffs.

I am very disappointed in this board community tonight. One of our more prescient and prolific posters makes a positive prediction for next year and it’s met with derision. Not to mention a poster who should only be posting in the ACC thread takes a shot at our QBs. Rutgers Nation be better and embrace the positivity from Humble Plum.

Very few negative takes on what Plum posted. There are areas which need to be answered before we get too excited for 2024. Positivity is good … answers to those positions in question is number one concern for any team. Actually I was somewhat surprised there were not more who have doubts. Tough games against VTech and Nebraska early on decide our season … 9-4 or 10-3 is where I think we will be in the end.

I am very disappointed in this board community tonight. One of our more prescient and prolific posters makes a positive prediction for next year and it’s met with derision. Not to mention a poster who should only be posting in the ACC thread takes a shot at our QBs. Rutgers Nation be better and embrace the positivity from Humble Plum.
Get back to me when half you guys donate the amount of money I do, and our invested in our NL like I am

Nothing Gavin has done leads me or any rational person to believe he’s going to get us to the playoffs next year

Very few negative takes on what Plum posted. There are areas which need to be answered before we get too excited for 2024. Positivity is good … answers to those positions in question is number one concern for any team. Actually I was somewhat surprised there were not more who have doubts. Tough games against VTech and Nebraska early on decide our season … 9-4 or 10-3 is where I think we will be in the end.
I’m kidding a bit, but going serious I agree that the VT and Nebraska games may set the tone for the year. VT gave us all we could handle before that brilliant call on 4th and short opened up the floodgates. And VT got much better as the year went on. Nebraska, league game, improved last year, nuff said.

Get back to me when half you guys donate the amount of money I do, and our invested in our NL like I am

Nothing Gavin has done leads me or any rational person to believe he’s going to get us to the playoffs next year
Someone can’t take a joke! Calm down FSU guy. We all donate and many of us have kept the lights on in football and basketball for a long time here. Now back to the ACC thread for you! 😂

Someone can’t take a joke! Calm down FSU guy. We all donate and many of us have kept the lights on in football and basketball for a long time here. Now back to the ACC thread for you! 😂
Pete, you know I like you but tell me what Gavin has done to show we’re capable of the playoffs?

I hope to God I’m wrong and well happily escrow if he takes a massive step up, but I just don’t see it

It’s a shame too, because our defense is legit, but I dont believe at this time, we have the playmakers and quarterback to take that elusive next step

Pete, you know I like you but tell me what Gavin has done to show we’re capable of the playoffs?

I hope to God I’m wrong and well happily escrow if he takes a massive step up, but I just don’t see it

It’s a shame too, because our defense is legit, but I dont believe at this time, we have the playmakers and quarterback to take that elusive next step
How do you know Gavin’s the guy next year? Let it play out.

We did and I’m hopeful hel push Gavin - iron sharpens iron and let’s hope Gav gets signifigantly better
We’re not looking at 3 auto losses and that’s huge. Although we could’ve beat OSU last year - missed opportunity. And I’m just messing around about Plum’s prediction. But is a good Florida NYD or other warm weather bowl game out of the question? No way.

He didn't make a prediction. He made a statement that is true for every P5 school at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Mufasa94 and RUPete
We’re not looking at 3 auto losses and that’s huge. Although we could’ve beat OSU last year - missed opportunity. And I’m just messing around about Plum’s prediction. But is a good Florida NYD or other warm weather bowl game out of the question? No way.
I think we have the potential to win nine games, possibly 10 if a lot things break right

But That would require Gavin taking a massive step forward

Sign me up for 8-4 right now, continue improvement on the offense, more robust on the NIL front, and uptick in Recruiting , and better all around play, especially on offense and I will be super happy

VT game is huge. Posted this before, Lane Staduim is a very very tough venue. VT will be big time up for game, they have had a good recruiting class, and used portal to get legit starters to add. No turnovers will be big, and not allowing a big special teams play as well. Need to escape there with a W, then we can start projecting a bit.

VT game is huge. Posted this before, Lane Staduim is a very very tough venue. VT will be big time up for game, they have had a good recruiting class, and used portal to get legit starters to add. No turnovers will be big, and not allowing a big special teams play as well. Need to escape there with a W, then we can start projecting a bit.
Agree. Very tough game against a team that continued to get better last year and appears to have built on that during the offseason. That fanbase will be rejuvenated.

Reactions: yellowlot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT