ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers defensive line preview for 2024: Experienced group not resting on laurels

A couple of interesting things from this: Ferrell said that he modeled Kent State's defense after Rutgers defense when they switched to a new system last year. Wonder if he and GS knew each other before somehow, maybe through coaching clinics. Also, I seem to remember Peterson being recruited as an OL. Was he converted or did he just start on the DL when he arrived here?

Excited to see how this unit will perform. If he stays healthy, Aaron Lewis could have a monster year.

A couple of interesting things from this: Ferrell said that he modeled Kent State's defense after Rutgers defense when they switched to a new system last year. Wonder if he and GS knew each other before somehow, maybe through coaching clinics. Also, I seem to remember Peterson being recruited as an OL. Was he converted or did he just start on the DL when he arrived here?
Peterson started out on the DL the minute he got here. I saw a number of his games in high school. It would be hard not to be impressed with his play on both offense and defense.
I'm hoping for big things from him starting this season...on the d-line.

For those who don't have premium on NJO:

Rutgers defensive line preview for 2024: Experienced group not resting on laurels

Me too. Anyone else want to talk football? @jonS ?

I guess he wasn't that serious since he hasn't joined the discussion in this thread.

On the subject of the development of the DL last year, I wonder how much the absence of Watson affected that. It really seemed that our DE's just weren't as disruptive as many people predicted they would be before the season.

For those who don't have premium on NJO:

I guess he wasn't that serious since he hasn't joined the discussion in this thread.

On the subject of the development of the DL last year, I wonder how much the absence of Watson affected that. It really seemed that our DE's just weren't as disruptive as many people predicted they would be before the season.
I truly hope Marquise Watson heals up eventually.

Reactions: kupuna133
I was suprised at their play last year as it was better than anticipated. I want to say another year of S&C and role maturity should make them better. schedule favors us a bit too

Peterson started out on the DL the minute he got here. I saw a number of his games in high school. It would be hard not to be impressed with his play on both offense and defense.
I'm hoping for big things from him starting this season...on the d-line.
How did he look on the DL in HS when you saw him?

I just hope that he gets some respect from the officials after all this time. Guy gets held like crazy.
This
He had an off year last season and that probably had some to do with it.
We need Lewis to get monster sacks this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT