ADVERTISEMENT

Football KnightFlicks: No. 15 Rutgers takes down No. 3 Louisville

I never grow tired of watching those highlights. The proudest night of my life as a Rutgers fan. Hopefully, that level of excitement lies in our future too.

I believe this was a RU production. BTN is supposed to have the full game (perhaps in 60 minutes) sometime soon.

I never grow tired of watching those highlights. The proudest night of my life as a Rutgers fan. Hopefully, that level of excitement lies in our future too.

I believe this was a RU production. BTN is supposed to have the full game (perhaps in 60 minutes) sometime soon.
I frequently scan the BTN listings for the next several days. Listings are usually: Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin,and once in a while, something about Rutgers.

Reactions: Plum Street
Section 123, Row 36. The week leading up was crazy, the pregame/tailgate was insane, and walking to my seats and looking across at the student section... will never forget the volume of that buzz.

By the 4th Q of that game they must have crammed well over 50K into the stadium. The wave of momentum from the smothering defense was astonishing in stopping such a high powered offense.

I could go on, but you get the picture. It was a night none of us who attended will ever forget.

This vid is still my favorite:

Yes, I enjoyed that one also. It gave us a look at the game from the other team's perspective. By winning that game, though we didn't know it at the time, we gave Florida the national title. The NC game would have been unbeaten OSU vs. unbeaten UL, had RU not defeated the Cardinals, and Florida would have been in the Sugar Bowl. I've always believed that UL would have defeated OSU for the title had they been able to get by us.

Reactions: Eagleton96
I had 6 tickets that night - took my son and 3 of his friends. Just incredible game and so emotional. Have a great pic of my son with Kenny Britt after the game sitting on the bench. He was just crying, hugged us and thanked us for coming - he was a skinny 18 year-old with big biceps. The picture of GS and BL hugging after the game. Eric Foster seemed like the leader of that squad at midfield high-fiving everyone there. Fans crying in the stands. Only negative was the bus situation going back to Livingston campus. We didn't get home until 3AM that night, but what a great Knight!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT