ADVERTISEMENT

***Kobe Marfo commits to Rutgers***

4 years to play 3 and in a position of need.
Welcome to the Banks Sir Kobe.

Add to the name hall of fame. Go to class, be a good boy and make us proud on Saturdays.
Very similar to the line I use on the "farm team" for my older guy's HS program.

If you don't do the first two, pretty hard for the coaches help you get to the third one.

Last edited:
What were his other options ?
Don't care, just glad he's coming and plays a position RU need help in.
The year of JUCO ball is a plus , even if he just uses that experience in practice and
giving the starter some rest in games.

edit: Kobe Marfo joins Rutgers football 2016 recruiting class/app.com
>"Marfo qualified late in high school, which allowed him to kind of slip through the cracks when it came to recruiting," ScarletNation.com's Bobby Deren said.

"He enjoyed a solid junior college season out in California and provides some depth at a position of need at Rutgers. He fits the mold of the bigger, physical corner Rutgers has been recruiting under Chris Ash. Marfo also closes very well and has the skill set to compete for a spot on the two-deep right away."<
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...gers-football-2016-recruiting-class/82215724/

Last edited:
Is a JuCo transfer eligible to play in his first year at the new institution if he played just one year at the JuCo? I know those who finish their 2 year degree can do so but what about someone was there just one year.

Thanks. And welcome to Kobe.

Is a JuCo transfer eligible to play in his first year at the new institution if he played just one year at the JuCo? I know those who finish their 2 year degree can do so but what about someone was there just one year.

Thanks. And welcome to Kobe.
Yes, as long as he academically qualifies and it appears he has.
He'll have 3 years of eligibility with 4 years to use it.

I'm sure he's a terrific talent, but I hope he can appreciate the level of fortune he has in that something as simple as a pleasant relationship with Drew Mehringer ended up changing the trajectory of his life.

USC
Oregon
LSU
South Carolina
TCU
Baylor
Washington
South Dakota State
Georgia
Mississippi State

Happy now, putz

Why would you think it's not relevant for someone to inquire as to what other schools pursued this guy ?

Why would you think it's not relevant for someone to inquire as to what other schools pursued this guy ?
okay okay, so it was really
UConn
UMass
UNH
University of Maine
URI
Brandeis
Hofstra
Elon

I'm trying to find the article but something I read said he was being pursued by a few high level FCS schools coming out of high school two years ago, can't find anything that he had any scholarship offers to FBS schools or any other FBS options after his JUCO year but the coaches like him so we'll go with it

Husky, You are my new hero.. :sunglasses: Having said that are we in the running for any other juco's? O lineman? Linebacker? Wide out?

I liked his HUDL film. Seems like a physical corner with good quickness. Welcome Kobe!
What I really liked about it was the way on those rollouts/screens he would engage the blocking wr until the play developed and the offense was committed. Cheat and shed that block too early, and and he could have seen the ball sail right over his head to the blocker he shed. Just a great intuitive sense and patience to let the play develop in front of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT