ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to Big Cliff on Senior Day

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Thank you for choosing Rutgers. Nice article by Carino and a through the years photo gallery.

“It’s great feeling, being able to acquire my goal and also fulfill a promise to my mom – getting my degree is a great accomplishment for me,” he said. “I’m the first one in my family to get a college degree, so it’s special. I’m lucky to be in this position, graduating from Rutgers, one of the top schools in the nation.”

He’s donated thousands of dollars of his name-image-likeness earnings to the Salvation Army Newark Westside’s “books and basketball” program. He ran a shoe drive, sending hundreds of sneakers to poor kids in Nigeria. He’s been a pillar in Rutgers basketball's rise from the ashes, playing in three NCAA Tournament games for a program that hadn’t gone dancing in 30 years.

Last edited:
Beat me too it.

Sounds like Coach will move forward this time

Quote from article:

After being blindsided by two late-spring transfer departures last year, Pikiell said Friday he will proceed into the offseason with the mindset that Omoruyi and others who have a decision to make will be moving on.

Yeah, Cliff and Mag both talking in the past tense.

Would be great if we could convince Cliff to stay, but I have to think Pike knows the deal one way or the other early on and acts accordingly.

Thanks for sharing the story; Cliff is a special guy; it shouldn't be an anomaly, but graduating with a degree is very important for some; and certainly is for Cliff. And his philanthropic story is very special. So while it certainly looks like he is moving on - which is normal - see him sitting with Ron, Geo, and Caleb as individuals who will be welcome back here at any time.

See you pretty much made your view known in the other subject matter on Cliff; my view - is this particular thread is meant to show how outstanding an individual Cliff is as a person, student and how much he cares and gives back to the community.

Great great read!

Cliff, can you get Jeremiah a pair of shoes from your shoe drive? Thanks for coming to Rutgers, and congrats on getting your degree! Well done on and off the court, sir! You will always be warmly welcomed back to Rutgers.

Andre, congrats on the amazing academic performance! I hope your last home game is a good one!

Mawot, thank your for choosing Rutgers. I hope to see you playing your trademark D tomorrow to shut down Battle and ensure we don't have a losing season. Finish what you started!

Noah, it's been an up and down season but I'm grateful for the ups. Best wishes moving forward.

And that's awesome that Oskar will have Ron as his "family" in attendance. Love it!

Not the season we had hoped for. But they are still our Scarlet Knights. Still appreciate all of their contributions and representing Rutgers on and off the court in an overall positive manner. Congratulations to the Seniors and wishing them well in their future endeavors.

Great great read!

Cliff, can you get Jeremiah a pair of shoes from your shoe drive? Thanks for coming to Rutgers, and congrats on getting your degree! Well done on and off the court, sir! You will always be warmly welcomed back to Rutgers.

Andre, congrats on the amazing academic performance! I hope your last home game is a good one!

Mawot, thank your for choosing Rutgers. I hope to see you playing your trademark D tomorrow to shut down Battle and ensure we don't have a losing season. Finish what you started!

Noah, it's been an up and down season but I'm grateful for the ups. Best wishes moving forward.

And that's awesome that Oskar will have Ron as his "family" in attendance. Love it!
Great tribute! And really cool to have Ron representing for Oskar. Although it was great that his family was able to be there for that Minnesota game last year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT