ADVERTISEMENT

Kyonte Hamilton plan

Steve Politi: "It sounds like the pitch for a bad B-grade sports movie".

I agree with Steve. It's amazing what people will do for money (maybe me too). The team hasn't practiced in a month and has lost two coaches and several players. AND, at its best, the team wasn't very good. Will they really go down there and take a pounding for the money? At a minimum, they should negotiate a handicap. Maybe always start their drives in the red zone; allowed 14 players on defense and 13 on offense; get five downs? 😁

I agree with Steve. It's amazing what people will do for money (maybe me too). The team hasn't practiced in a month and has lost two coaches and several players. AND, at its best, the team wasn't very good. Will they really go down there and take a pounding for the money? At a minimum, they should negotiate a handicap. Maybe always start their drives in the red zone; allowed 14 players on defense and 13 on offense; get five downs? 😁
Stop it. Not practicing for 3 weeks, and then re conditioning for 10 days is not any less safe than getting ready for week 1 of a season.

The football program is going to make a ton of money and they’re playing in a pretty good bowl game. Win or lose this is good for recruiting on the easy coast. If you’re afraid now that players are going to catch covid or get hurt, then where we’re you all season?

Stop it. Not practicing for 3 weeks, and then re conditioning for 10 days is not any less safe than getting ready for week 1 of a season.

The football program is going to make a ton of money and they’re playing in a pretty good bowl game. Win or lose this is good for recruiting on the easy coast. If you’re afraid now that players are going to catch covid or get hurt, then where we’re you all season?
Safe? Afraid? What? I expressed no fear. I just think the team will be embarrassed and I do think they will have Omicron infections since it is more contagious and spreading faster than the strains before it. Who, me afraid? Win or lose, really? Calm down and prepare for a shellacking.

Safe? Afraid? What? I expressed no fear. I just think the team will be embarrassed and I do think they will have Omicron infections since it is more contagious and spreading faster than the strains before it. Who, me afraid? Win or lose, really? Calm down and prepare for a shellacking.
Yes this will be the first time ever Rutgers football will be a significant underdog

If Rutgers didn't take the spot then Illinois would have gladly done so. So in your and Steve's opinion give them the extra practices and game while they're also rebuilding? I completely disagree, the more practice the better for a rebuilding team. Who the hell do you two root for?

Last edited:
If Rutgers didn't take the spot then Illinois would have gladly done so. So in Steve and your's opinion give them the extra practices and game while they're also rebuilding? I completely disagree, the more practice the better for a rebuilding team. Who the hell do you two root for?
Anyone who sides with Steve Politi is an enemy of Rutgers.

You sound like a terrible fan. What members of any other fan base talk like this? Man up and play a football game. It’s what these guys train to do win, lose or draw. Maybe you should tune into the Golden Girls marathon New Years Eve if it’s so unnerving to you.

You sound like a terrible fan. What members of any other fan base talk like this? Man up and play a football game. It’s what these guys train to do win, lose or draw. Maybe you should tune into the Golden Girls marathon New Years Eve if it’s so unnerving to you.
Sorry, I'm a fan but not a cheerleader. I apply thought and logic over emotion. Golden Girls? I'll have to check it out.

Wake Forest needed OT to beat Syracuse, This will be a good game

I had a graduate student and player working for me part time. He had already moved onto a job in the Carolina’s. Guess what. He is super excited and arrived today to begin work outs. His company gave him the week to be with the team. He told everyone he spoke was in to play. I finally put mister pessimist on ignore.

Sorry, I'm a fan but not a cheerleader. I apply thought and logic over emotion. Golden Girls? I'll have to check it out.
Love to hear the thought and logic part of how not practicing or playing makes you better? Hell, even Goodale preaches, you only get better with practice but what really makes you better is getting out on the mat when the wins and loses count.

LANCASTER, Pa. – The Eighth Annual David H. Lehman F&M Open is set to take place this Friday, January 7 beginning at 9 a.m. The field currently consists of teams representing six of the seven Division I wrestling conferences, including the EIWA, Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, MAC, and SoCon.

Fans can catch the live action on every mat via FloWrestling's live coverage from the opening through the championship finals. Live results of this Friday's action will be available on FloArena. A subscription to FloWrestling is required to watch the live video of all the mats.

F&M cancelled their tri-meet with Brown and Presbyterian on Thursday, so I wonder if the Open the next day is at risk now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT