ADVERTISEMENT

Largest crowds from the weekend:

Phenomenal. Wish I had gotten down there but unfortunately my client schedule wouldn't allow it.

That’s pretty cool to see. Suprising NJ had such dominant LAX attendance.

I heard during the broadcast that the attendance was the largest of any NCAA lax game since 2003 or something like that. If I heard that right , that’s quite a feat and marketing angle for our program and future own game day facility

Love it!

Most amazing atmosphere:

1) Harvard at Rutgers
2) Harvard at Rutgers
3) Harvard at Rutgers
4) Harvard at Rutgers
5) Harvard at Rutgers
10) Harvard at Rutgers

I heard during the broadcast that the attendance was the largest of any NCAA lax game since 2003 or something like that. If I heard that right , that’s quite a feat and marketing angle for our program and future own game day facility
Btw, not sure why you are surprised by NJ lax...its everywhere here.

I worked for the athletic department at times during my time at RU. Had to man the bubble at times to fill out cards for coaches when families wanted info sent to them for camps and such. Worked that 1987 lax tournament my senior year. Most of the time I was positioned up on the southeast hill of the stadium where VIPs and coaches hung out under the shade of the trees there watching games. Richie Moran of Cornell was one of the coaches that stood out to me. Seemed like he was always “on” and just loved the game all the time.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
It’s always something.
College championships should be played at college campus facilities. Reward the real fans.

Reactions: SF88

Most for a 1st rd. game. Later rounds are much larger crowds. One Final 4 game in Ravens Stadium drew 40,000 on Saturday.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
40 plus a 600 seat club seating area

I wonder if the difference more than of offsets 5-8000 of regular seat sales. Those late 90s Final Fours at what is now SHI were great. And it's a day trip from both Baltimore and Long Island.

I wonder if the difference more than of offsets 5-8000 of regular seat sales. Those late 90s Final Fours at what is now SHI were great. And it's a day trip from both Baltimore and Long Island
The suite difference definitely makes up for additional regular seat sales, especially when the events aren't selling out. If SHI got 55,000 and Rent got 35-40k, maybe the math could work out if they got creative with a few areas but otherwise there's no chance at making more money at SHI

The suite difference definitely makes up for additional regular seat sales, especially when the events aren't selling out. If SHI got 55,000 and Rent got 35-40k, maybe the math could work out if they got creative with a few areas but otherwise there's no chance at making more money at SHI

That would be football. I was referencing the Lacrosse Final Four Weekend.

That would be football. I was referencing the Lacrosse Final Four Weekend.

No I know, I was breaking it down based on a final four at each stadium. You'd likely need to sell out 55k seats at SHI to make up for the revenue that getting 35-40k at the Rent would bring in because of the extra suites

No I know, I was breaking it down based on a final four at each stadium. You'd likely need to sell out 55k seats at SHI to make up for the revenue that getting 35-40k at the Rent would bring in because of the extra suites

Except they won't get 35-40,000 up there. It's not a fair comparison given Covid, but I don't think they broke 15k last year. And SHI wouldn't sell out. Basically, I think a reasonable comparison would be 17.5 at the Rent and 30k at SHI. You only break 35k in Baltimore.

The U really needs to be forward thinking with this program. It can be elite for a very long time with interest at the highest levels.

Soccer and lacrosse. Those are the sports we have the greatest chance of winning national championships in.

Football is never going to win a national championship. The time to put the program at the forefront has passed the university. Same with hoops. They can both be solid programs, go to decent bowls/NCAA tourney, but to truly win, the institutional/state commitment isn't there and wasn't at the most critical times.

Lacrosse is ripe. The program is funded well, the state is producing tons of talent, we have a great staff, great alumni involvement, and the team is winning.

Now is the time to go into overdrive. More funding, more visibility, more state involvement specifically around the stadium.

National Champion Rutgers. Has a nice ring to it. Who knows maybe this is the year. BEAT PENN!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT