ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s go Sparti

Yes, go MSU. Goins needs to get going and make his shots. He's been HORRIBLE in the tourney so far. Starting the second half, I would go right at Zion so he can pick up his 3rd foul. McQuaid and Henry need to starting finding their stroke from the outside too, and Winston needs to not only create but drive, score and/or force Puke to foul.

Reactions: shields
Yes MSU! Was not happy with lack of fouls on Duke. Came back to haunt them.

Reactions: RU MAN
I have a dup thread...but, I'll repeat it here. Only 4 team fouls hurts them down the stretch because they could not send MSU to the line to shoot foul shots.

Reactions: bac2therac
I root against Duke too and am thrilled MSU won but I don’t understand why so much hatred directed at Duke. They are far better in terms of class and program than slimeball programs like UNC, Kansas, Auburn, Kentucky... UNC is filth

I root against Duke too and am thrilled MSU won but I don’t understand why so much hatred directed at Duke. They are far better in terms of class and program than slimeball programs like UNC, Kansas, Auburn, Kentucky... UNC is filth

Because they basically got the three best one-and-done players in the country and everyone I know from there thinks they are superior.

They get their pick of players every year. They are like the Yankees of college hoops.

Reactions: Tararua
Love that it was a foul shot choke ...

Duke’s program, in the 80s and 90s is what was right with college basketball. Love them or hate them for their success , they used to be a lot of what was right about college basketball.

Won’t comment further about what they have become just that I’m glad they lost and don’t get to carry the banner of the duke name of what they were ....because it’s different now in Durham than it was 20 years ago

My only regret is that this game should have been Michigan state vs UCF/Virginia tech as the refs handed really stole that game from UCF in the round of 32

My hatred of Duke is partly Dukie vitale. Duke Duke with him. Just sick of Duke.

Because they basically got the three best one-and-done players in the country and everyone I know from there thinks they are superior.

They get their pick of players every year. They are like the Yankees of college hoops.

Fair response. Just seems like the hatred is over done compared to most of the other programs that are annual contenders. That said Go MSU and B10. Winston is phenomenal and Izzo is just an incredible coach.

Good to see MSU win over Duke.
Coach K is always a threat to win the NC,seeing how he did that 5 times in his 37 years at Duke and had the Blue Devils play in the final four 12 times along with 35 NCAA Tournament invites in the past 36 years and 24 consecutive appearances from 1996 to 2019.

Izzo has a NC to his name and 8 final fours to his credit. He has brought MSU to 22 consecutive appearances in his 24 years as the Spartans HC.
If any team could knock Duke off in the tourney , MSU proved to be more than capable of that task.

Duke losing today kept Krzyzewski from passing Wooden for the most final for appearances (12)

Reactions: BillyC80
Duke is the media darling. They get hyped up.

Easy to root against the media darling.

And down goes Puke! They were lucky and won by 1 point against UCF in the Sweet 16 round. Then they beat Va Tech by 2 in the Elite 8. In the regional finals, karma finally catches up to them. Oh, and that team in green btw is pretty damn good, which had A LOT to do with it. Great win against the one and done-ers.

Coach K's hypocrisy is over the top. To constantly recruit athletes who he knows are one and done is a mockery. The players could care less about college and the coach is just enabling them. Why is the university giving scholararships to subsidize a year of a pre N.B.A. stint?

Reactions: LC-88
Coach K's hypocrisy is over the top. To constantly recruit athletes who he knows are one and done is a mockery. The players could care less about college and the coach is just enabling them. Why is the university giving scholararships to subsidize a year of a pre N.B.A. stint?
And he's recruiting these kids to a great academic school which they have no intention of graduating from. Takes a spot and a Duke degree away from a kid who might want it and deserve it

$$$$$$

Why would these kids even go to class in the current semester? By the time they flunk by not attending, the season is over.

Haven’t liked them since I was in high school in the 90s and the Laettner years. I’ve always hated the way games were reffed for them and the bias they got. Might not be as bad now as then but still think they get preferential treatment.

Reactions: RUER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT