ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty at Rutgers in 2019

The reasons I say he was evil is because of his widely known convictions of being anti-Catholic, anti-Jewish, anti-black, etc.

The reason that my meeting him is relevant is because we discussed those views, and he confirmed that he believed that and wanted forced deportation or incarceration of anyone who did not fit his view of white Christianity.

Yet LU is one of the strongest supporters of Israel you will find and has black head football and basketball coaches as well as a large number of black students. I say you are full of delicious poopie. He also counted Ted Kennedy and Larry Flint among his close friends.

Come on down and meet some--nicest people I have met. Happy to have retired here after years in a real nutty place--Seattle, WA. Now those are some brainwashed nutcases.

Right. Nicest people until you disagree with them on something and then they turn back to their brainwashed ways rambling on about the Bible.

Rather listen to that--which has never happened than disagree with some Seattle leftie. They do some real damage--see riots after the election, Battle in Seattle etc. Never had a person or property hurt by any LU students.

Being from NJ I might have to come up for that LU game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Liberty's AD, McCaw, somehow was hired despite the mess at Baylor (where he was AD), which is still in the news
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share
Building a winning program by any means using known cheaters is a tactic many schools use.
It's just that Christian base programs try to act like their above it and when hire cheaters by claimong they have changed with the Lord's help ( whether they've changed or not [winking] )
Political and sports involvement by religious groups sometimes ignore what that faith is supposed to be about in their effort to see someone gain office or win a game .

As if Rutgers has been above reproach in its own AD. I don't see how having McCaw as AD goes to cheating?? He does scheduling and makes budgets. He is not a coach or a recruiter. . He probably made mistakes in the admin of the Baylor program but they were of omission rather than commision.He might have trusted the wrong guy (Briles)

As if Rutgers has been above reproach in its own AD. I don't see how having McCaw as AD goes to cheating?? He does scheduling and makes budgets. He is not a coach or a recruiter. . He probably made mistakes in the admin of the Baylor program but they were of omission rather than commision.He might have trusted the wrong guy (Briles)

"Probably" "Might"???? Everything that happened at Baylor happened under his watch. There is no excuse for McCaw and no sane person would hire him as an AD. Oh wait...

Rutgers isn't above reproach now nor was the RU AD ever above being held accountable for what happened at any of the RU Sports programs under their tenure .
Heck, when Hermann was hired there were many RU fans knocking that hire because of what
happened with the Tennessee Volleyball team she coached an an incident at Louisville .
She was hired then terminated because of what happened with the Football program along with being considered not a good fit as the RU AD.

Tim Pernetti was forced out as the RU AD because of the Men's Basketball program giving RU a black eye and the way he handled Mike Rice's discipline

Ass in Bob Mulcahy being pushed out the door because of the media attacks on his integrity and I feel your reproach question isn't a vaild one and even if it was their actions ( real or imaginary) are
not even close to what McCaw allowed under his watch at Baylor

As far as my implying McCaw would cheat to win. the ink wasn't even dry ( actually a few months passed) on his Baylor resignation letter when Liberty hired him as their AD.
Liberty seen how good Baylor was under hs guidance as AD and seemed not to care how the Bears FB program was run and how McCaw was forced to resign because of it.
Liberty defended that hiring and one message about it said this ( from a Liberty Regent to Jerry Falwell Jr.)
“He is a trustworthy man who will do the right thing,” one of the emails states. “In my opinion, his circumstance was very different from the others who were affected by this tragedy. My personal view is that the Lord has moved Ian from Baylor to Liberty through this sad chapter in Baylor’s history.”

edit, just one Baylor instant that shows Liberty doesn't care:
Baylor University || Our Commitment. Our Response. || News || Statement to Dallas Morning News regarding sexual assault not reported to Judicial Affairs
>
  • Over the course of the past year, the student-athlete's head coach, his sports administrator, the head football coach, and the Athletic Director have each independently confirmed to the University - in some instances, on multiple occasions - that they did not report this sexual assault allegation to Judicial Affairs in 2013.
  • An independent review of Judicial Affairs records and interviews with employees confirm that the alleged sexual assault was not reported to Judicial Affairs in 2013 by any member of the Athletics Department or any other individual.
  • In early 2015, Baylor's Title IX Office first learned of the sexual assault allegation in connection with three other reports of sexual assault involving multiple football players. At the time, the Athletic Director was asked if he had any prior knowledge of an alleged gang rape within the football program. He denied having any knowledge of the alleged incident. Later in 2015, for the first time, the Athletic Director acknowledged that the student-athlete's head coach told him about this report in 2013. The Athletic Director explained that he did not take any action, including reporting the alleged sexual assault to Judicial Affairs, because he thought the victim did not want to report the incident.
  • In a voluntary statement on June 2, 2016 and a sworn affidavit on June 24, 2016, the victim's head coach again detailed his actions after learning of the gang rape allegation. His account was consistent with the account he provided to Baylor in the spring of 2016. In neither of the statements, nor in his interview, did the head coach state that he reported the alleged assault to Judicial Affairs. To the contrary, he expressed his great disappointment and frustration that he could not do more to help the student-athlete despite bringing the report to the attention of his sports administrator, the head football coach, and the Athletic Director.
http://www.baylor.edu/thefacts/news.php?action=story&story=174834-

Last edited:

huh?!? You really need to do a little bit of research and you will change you mind.

Again, it is just a game, no need to get all SJW on this. I would never ever go to school there or even take a on-line course there even if it was free. But playing them in sports is fine.

Last edited:
Again, it is just a game, no need to get all SWJ on this. I would never ever go to school there or even take a on-line course there even if it was free. But playing them in sports is fine.
Only at Rutgers and on this forum is this an issue.

I'm more annoyed at the BC series on principle than this one.

Reactions: Virginiarufan
Only at Rutgers and on this forum is this an issue.

You and me both. Sooner or later they'll start scheduling the Rotting Fruit and/or the Neutered Puppies.

How you doin'!

Yes. And not because of any relative religiosity.
A - Fredo did us dirty. Might be all new players up there but it is not forgotten.
B- BC always sniffing around the North NJ parochial juggernauts

Yes. And not because of any relative religiosity.
A - Fredo did us dirty. Might be all new players up there but it is not forgotten.
B- BC always sniffing around the North NJ parochial juggernauts

A- yes that did, but they stabbed the back of the Big East Catholic schools a hell of a lot harder than ours, but in the end it worked out for well for us, we won the conference realignment wars. Rutgers misfit pack was always UWV and Temple. Those two never turn on us.

B- if a student is wants to play football at a Catholic college in the FBS level there are only two choices. So you can't blame them for that.

The Big East sucked, we couldn't want to leave, time to let it go.

Yet LU is one of the strongest supporters of Israel you will find and has black head football and basketball coaches as well as a large number of black students. I say you are full of delicious poopie. He also counted Ted Kennedy and Larry Flint among his close friends.
The Christian right always supports Israel because the bible tells them to. It is not because they like Jews

yes that did, but they stabbed the back of the Big East Catholic schools a hell of a lot harder than ours, but in the end it worked out for well for us, we won the conference realignment wars. Rutgers misfit pack was always UWV and Temple. Those two never turn on us.

The Big East sucked, we couldn't want to leave, time to let it go.
At the end because of what they did, you're right it did suck.

But in it's heyday, not too shabby. People forget that.

Am I glad we miraculously ended up in the B1G. Of course.

I'll move on. But that doesn't mean I need to forget.

You mean other than their Savior, right? Oh, and the apostles, and I guess everyone who started the Christian church. Jews.
You do realize that Jewish people who believe Jesus is the son of God have converted to Christianity. Hence they are no longer of the Jewish faith.

Regarding Liberty, it's a football game. Let it go.

Regarding Boston College, Fr. Leahy said he didn't like the hybrid nature of Big East 2.0, and when everything alignged right and he knew he had an out, told the Big East and the other presidents he was going to ask the ACC again if there was still interest. It happened fast and was a bit of a perfect storm. It was in the minutes. But really, let it go. It's been nearly 15 years and we ended up in a good place (and honestly Big East 2.0 wasn't a bad place to be either).

As far as BC having a recruiting advantage by scheduling the series (2 games in NJ over 10 years, FWIW), they'll have it anyway; there are 2 FBS Catholic schools and the Catholic high schools will push their kids toward Catholic colleges no matter what (it happened to me and I wasn't involved in athletics at all). If we don't recruit from these places its on us at this point; we've been playing "big time" football since the split in 1978.

Making political/religious hay over playing Liberty is nuts. It's a football game and nothing more. We used to be in the Big East which is loaded with Catholic schools. Should they have been protested. Should we flip out if we play Brigham Young, who are likely more conservative than Liberty. Some, but not all, members of the intolerant left are having a meltdown and go around being outraged about everything. Some of the wacky responses I am reading are as ridiculous as if the right decided it would be "an outrage" to play U Cal because they don't tolerate free speech from the right. IT IS A DAMN FOOTBALL GAME AND NOTHING ELSE! POLITICS AND RELIGION HAVE NO PLACE IN ORGANIZED SPORTS.....THAT'S WHY WE AMERICANS PLAY THE RUSSIANS, IRANIANS, NORTH KOREANS, CUBANS, ETC AND DON'T BITCH ABOUT IT. NOW GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND ROOT THEM ON TO VICTORY.
Well said. This is a football board. I at least come here to escape from the super heated rhetoric that consumes the country regardless of which party is in power. Want to have a culture war, please take it to the current events thread.

Time to kill this thread. There's been too much bull crap from people who don't know what they're talking about and it's drifted way too far off topic.
All I'll say is that I'm glad we're playing them because I get to watch press coverage of the game for a week before I drive the 7 hours up to the stadium and I can guarantee you the Lynchburg press will treat RU more honestly than the Star Liar.

Actually Hispanic with no particular religion. Can't recall last trip to a church other than for a wedding.

You do realize that Jewish people who believe Jesus is the son of God have converted to Christianity. Hence they are no longer of the Jewish faith.
Yes I do.
Do you realize Jesus was Jewish? In addition to most/all apostles/disciples, and those who started the church of Christ? Jewish by nationality. With Jewish mothers and Jewish friends.
Christians love Jews, for the above and other reasons.

Reactions: Underdogs88
The "business model" is based on enrolling large numbers of on-line students.
This conjures up visions of each seat in their football stadium containing field-facing LED panels showing facetime sessions of online-students watching and cheering from their homes.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT