ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Indiana

Nearly as bad as the illegal man downfield on the fake FG against Louisville many years ago
Cost us the 2012 big east championship. I will never trust RU to win a close game ever when the refs still have a chance because of that game. Trauma

As it happened, I said to myself that the lateral that they said was illegal looked too close for comfort, but on a number of replays, it was really hard to tell where his hand was when the ball left. On the other hand, I agree that forward progress on the big man would normally have been called on just about any other play in any other game.

As it happened, I said to myself that the lateral that they said was illegal looked too close for comfort, but on a number of replays, it was really hard to tell where his hand was when the ball left. On the other hand, I agree that forward progress on the big man would normally have been called on just about any other play in any other game.
For them to say it was the 35 to the 36 is just stupid. Because it was not. That's making stuff up to decide what you want. If they had simply said that it was forward.. without making up that it was released on the 35 then that might be fair.. but how you overturn on that is another issue. But to flat out say it was released on the 35 because you think you can say it was caught on the 36? That's dead wrong... with video evidence to prove it.

9 times out of 10, that replay would be inconclusive.

They never showed a replay.. and I think it would have been an obvious thing to look at.. like the Indy near-TD/fumble.. where was the ball before he fumbled it... Langan did look like he reacted to dropping the ball iirc

I know . . . they showed the IU guy's hit to the head of our QB about 1000x!! There were literally NO good camera angles on anything, today. They have that roving overhead camera and sideline cameras, but not one for the IU TD where the side judges took about 10 minutes to run in from the sidelines to call a TD, and not one for the crazy play.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
For them to say it was the 35 to the 36 is just stupid. Because it was not. That's making stuff up to decide what you want. If they had simply said that it was forward.. without making up that it was released on the 35 then that might be fair.. but how you overturn on that is another issue. But to flat out say it was released on the 35 because you think you can say it was caught on the 36? That's dead wrong... with video evidence to prove it.
Refs were not going give RU any more chances to beat the team that just upset State Penn-on a very questionable call there to boot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT