ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Illinois

I wonder if we throw the ball during this 3 and out?
giphy.gif

Reactions: soundcrib
Awe fook Matt Millen again!
we are punished with him too often.. after 2 defensive plays for Illinois he says they are doing exactly what they wanted to do.

WTF?

He says stuff just because they are words you hear sportscasters saying every now and then. It did not apply.. particularly at that point in the game. When he sees a real play and comments on what he actually saw.. he makes sense... most of the time. But there is too much saying stuff just to hear his own voice.

They load the line with blockers and three defenders are completely unblocked.

With a crap o line it’s not going to be easy to make a 3rd and 1. Show some guts and play fake.

pretty sure a team of 90 year olds at the senior center could outrun this team

we are punished with him too often.. after 2 defensive plays for Illinois he says they are doing exactly what they wanted to do.

WTF?

He says stuff just because they are words you hear sportscasters saying every now and then. It did not apply.. particularly at that point in the game. When he sees a real play and comments on what he actually saw.. he makes sense... most of the time. But there is too much saying stuff just to hear his own voice.
yup noticed that too

Our CBs will never turn around again I’m convinced. We will never have an interception. Any smart OC would just launch it down the field every play. It will either get caught or you will get a PI call for not turning around. OSU will hang 80 on us
I know it's different than street ball and coordinated with other guys, but if you just keep the receiver in front of you, you might actually get an interception. It's got to be the way they are taught.

Why is the defense, which was supposed to be the strong part of this team, so awful? First drive TDS in EVERY GAME

I rewatched that play and 92 and our fullback didn't touch a defender at all. All they had to do was make contact and we had a first down.

The enthusiasm with which this team plays reminds me of the enthusiasm I had as a kid for eating brussel sprouts.

The enthusiasm with which this team plays reminds me of the enthusiasm I had as a kid for eating brussel sprouts.
The offense is definitely just going through the motions at this point. A couple players on defense get pissed, but that's about it.

That’s an incomplete pass doesn’t matter if he’s in the end zone or the 50 yard line, these announcers are idiots

Reactions: RUScrew85
Don't watch. Watch breeders cup or Netflix or go to a movie.But don't watch this. Too predictable.

yeah, I know - I really hate that rule. He caught the ball, his foot was in bounds, should be play over and a TD, IMO.
right? ball broke the "plane" and was caught/controlled... foot down.. that should end it.

all of this stuff about controlling it comes from a bad call on Calvin Johnson in Detroit. his back hits the ground and he releases the ball and they called incomplete.. and suddenly, that became the interpretation of the rule all over the field.. in the NFL, College and HS.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT