ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Indiana

I don't think it's a 10 pt win thing it's a win "by the spread" or more than what the "computer prediction" is. Like OSU last night, the line was -17.5 or closed at -16.5, and only beat Nebraska by 12 late, up 22 with like 4-5 minutes left. They dropped one spot with the win non cover.

Listen to the latest RU Screw Podcast........ they cover it....

a cap of 10 points was applied to the winning margin to prevent rankings from encouraging unsportsmanlike play, such as needlessly running up the score in a game where the outcome was certain.

I've seen teams with like 5-6 pt spreads they lose by 2 at home or road and go up a few in the NET rankings. Spreads definately matter like OSU last night.

Listen to the latest RU Screw Podcast........ they cover it....

a cap of 10 points was applied to the winning margin to prevent rankings from encouraging unsportsmanlike play, such as needlessly running up the score in a game where the outcome was certain.
...10 though?

When I made my college football model I capped it at 28. Teams aren't going to put in the walk-ons when they get to a 10 point lead, there is valuable information well past 10. At worst, why not make a regressive, diminishing returns type thing that takes all margins of victory into account but progressively downweights anything you do after 15 or so.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I don't think it's a 10 pt win thing it's a win "by the spread" or more than what the "computer prediction" is. Like OSU last night, the line was -17.5 or closed at -16.5, and only beat Nebraska by 12 late, up 22 with like 4-5 minutes left. They dropped one spot with the win non cover.

they also may have dropped because of SOS dip by playing Nebraska

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT