ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. No. 22 Illinois

Did I miss the part where Illinois bigs are allowed to throw shoulders and elbows going to the basket?

Paul has to learn to adjust his shot on some of those in close. He might draw some fouls. It was a good play by them to block it.

Can’t find much to complain about that half... two teams playing well going at each other. And we are making our shots. Amazing how good our offense looks when we make shots

Did I miss the part where Illinois bigs are allowed to throw shoulders and elbows going to the basket?

I agree that Cockburn gets a lot of respect from the refs but he tends to get great position which is where everything starts. He forces guys to go over his back for boards and everyone bounces off him when he’s going up for a shot. It’s like watching Shaq when he was at LSU

Young was pretty ineffective in his limited time. Yeboah sat some with 2 fouls so i expect more from him driving to get to the line

McDonnell 0 for his last 11 3 pt attempts...He is contributing absolutely nothing right now except Illinois points. Missed 2 layups, a strange delay in his free throw attempt that he bricked and just lazy play all around. May cost RU this game.

Yes, all in all an exciting game by two similarly talented conference foes. Gotta win this type of game at home. Hope we can pull away but looks like a nail-biter in the making. Maybe we wear them down.

I agree that Cockburn gets a lot of respect from the refs but he tends to get great position which is where everything starts. He forces guys to go over his back for boards and everyone bounces off him when he’s going up for a shot. It’s like watching Shaq when he was at LSU
More about pushing opponent out of the way backing his way toward the basket. Led with his Butt, elbows and shoulders. Zero calls. Ridiculous

Start the following chant in the 2nd half especially when Cockburn's at the line:

GON-NO-RRHE-A

I thought we played pretty well. Certainly our best half in awhile. Problem is we are only up 2 and Illinois looks very formidable. They guys need to leave it on the floor in the second half. Do whatever it take to get a W!

Yes, all in all an exciting game by two similarly talented conference foes. Gotta win this type of game at home. Hope we can pull away but looks like a nail-biter in the making. Maybe we wear them down.

Need Yebola back in and getting shots from guys making shots. Now is not the time to try and bring a players shot back.
Geo mid range there, don't go 3 crazy. Etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT