ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. St. Bonaventure

We are playing like we did in the recent games towards the end of last season before Gene came back. It's like he's not here again to give us the toughness ice in the veins ... Oh wait

Reactions: bac2therac
Pike has lost his luster in my book. Getting to at least .500 in his 4th year is not expecting much. Recruiting and developing of players over 2 years has not improved. Seat getting hot for Pike. He won't g anywhere due to Schiano but I'm not worried about a sub .500 coach getting poached.

Leaving too many points at the foul line. I believe we missed 8 FTs (Mathis missed 2, Myles missed 2, Young missed 3 and Kwasi missed 1).

Well ... at least wrestling won and RU football scored 3 TDs!

We are playing like we did in the recent games towards the end of last season before Gene came back. It's like he's not here again to give us the toughness ice in the veins ... Oh wait

listen we cant lament the loss of Eugene all season long and eventually this team will progress without him and learn to take on their own indentity....STILL his loss was downplayed but its glaringly on display through the first 4 games. Its an elephant in the room and its going to hamstring the overall success of the season...and yes as I said we will overcome it but its going to set this rebuild back a few losses

We need to recruit the twelve year old kid that was shooting free throws during the half time contest. He was draining all of them with a smooth left-handed stroke.

I like the offense the bonnies run. Not a fan of ours. We really don't stress the defense with our offensive set.

Too many missed foul shots. Their lead should be under 10.

Why is Baker launching a 3 early in the shot shot from over 26 feet away?

Never knew what the obsession was with Pike.

obviously not the worst coach but still struggling in year 4?? Not acceptable.

need to come back here in the 2nd half

If only there was someone posting about how Pikiell wasn't getting the most out of the offense back when it was Sanders and Freeman.

Obviously the personnel needed upgrading but Pikiell seems incapable of coaching an offense up to its potential.

I’m convinced Myles just is what he is and always will be. Passive and Soft. We’ve got no interior game at either end.
Fully agree. He should have been dominant against the teams we have played so far and he hasn’t been. He has been the tallest guy on the court most of the time and has disappeared. Heck, he got blocked a couple times against Bryant!

RU is lucky to only be down 43-30 after being down 19......thank god McConnell is 6-6 for at the line. Young is just not a plus for this team despite incredible amounts of hype from posters on this board

2-16 from our guards today.....the other guys 7-11...hey you think maybe Pike should work on the inside game..Myles has to step it up and become a scoring option
I’m convinced Myles just is what he is and always will be. Passive and Soft. We’ve got no interior game at either end.
He’s picked up quick fouls in the last few games and sits for a while and then never gets into the flow of the game

Okay, bright side. Bonnies arent gonna continue to be unconscious from 3. Bad news? Pikiell has me concerned. His coaching has been subpar and thats me being nice about it. Peter kiss playing extended minutes? Jacob young having free reign? What happens when mcconnell is on the floor? Nothing but good things. Come on pike

When we were a tough D and rebounding team we were awesome and fun to watch. That was Pike's thing, D and rebounding and we'd get the shooters. We never could shoot besides Corey. Now that we don't play D anymore, what are we. Do we have a single offensive play in the playbook. And we miss Jay Young. Should have been in their contracts, no assistants can leave for HC jobs until we make the NCAAs at least once.

Bonnie could foul out if we go hard at them. Harpers fouls were nonsense and that took us out of the half. So many Bonnie fans here. I didn’t expect this but we’ll see what happens

I hope Pike tells Myles to play aggressive in the second half on offense. Tell him to play aggressive until he fouls out. He’s not doing us any good anyway.

Okay, bright side. Bonnies arent gonna continue to be unconscious from 3. Bad news? Pikiell has me concerned. His coaching has been subpar and thats me being nice about it. Peter kiss playing extended minutes? Jacob young having free reign? What happens when mcconnell is on the floor? Nothing but good things. Come on pike

Id play Caleb all 20 minutes and have him draw foul after foul after foul

Pike is typically good at making adjustments. Let’s see what happens here. I think we can come back and win.

Now if this team can rally from down double digits in a de facto road game, then it will tell me alot and really make everyone feel good about the direction of the program..now go do it

Reactions: BillyC80
just win the game in 4 minute stretches....3-4 points each period..dont have to get it all back at once, St Bona may crack under pressure because they are young...

I don’t understand how Pikiell could be in year 4 and not have an offense in place. Everyone just stands around for 20 seconds and puts up wild shots with 5 seconds left in the shot clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT