ADVERTISEMENT

Live results from the NJ state wrestling championships in Atlantic City

upset at 113 with 15 seed Walsh (freshman+) taking out 2 seed and 2021 4th place finisher at 106 Jacome (senior) 4-3.

Soldano wasn't in the greatest position for a few seconds and then just threw the other kid to his back and got the fall in like 45 seconds. His ability to score in really any position is incredible.

Soldano wasn't in the greatest position for a few seconds and then just threw the other kid to his back and got the fall in like 45 seconds. His ability to score in really any position is incredible.
A man among boys at the HS level… will be really interesting to see how he transitions in college… having my fingers crossed he’s the next Mekhi Lewis/Griffith and can contend right away

He wins half his matches that way. Guy in deep on his legs with Soldanos back to the mat and he cranks the kid over and pins him. Some funky move he’s been doing forever. I’m not even sure it’s actually move to be honest, just something he does, I doubt too many others have the core strength to pull it off.

Reactions: Leonard23
He wins half his matches that way. Guy in deep on his legs with Soldanos back to the mat and he cranks the kid over and pins him. Some funky move he’s been doing forever. I’m not even sure it’s actually move to be honest, just something he does, I doubt too many others have the core strength to pull it off.
I agree that few could pull that move off, the question is can it be successful at the next level.

I heard him on an interview once saying that Bo Nickal was one of his favorite wrestlers. Imagine getting that type of caliber to RU? Soldano is going to be a force. Just hope we don't have any lineup issues with him, Poz and Casale. That would be a shame if we did.

Casale has been wrestling 92kg for freestyle which is like 203lbs so it seems like 197 is definitely in play for him.

We have to believe there is a plan in place to get all 3 into the lineup especially since since due to the covid year all are around the same eligibility. I'm guessing Soldano goes down to 174 if Casale is 197.

Last edited:
I heard him on an interview once saying that Bo Nickal was one of his favorite wrestlers. Imagine getting that type of caliber to RU? Soldano is going to be a force. Just hope we don't have any lineup issues with him, Poz and Casale. That would be a shame if we did.
This is a good problem

Casale has been wrestling 92kg for freestyle which is like 203lbs so it seems like 197 is definitely in play for him.

We have to believe there is a plan in place to get all 3 into the lineup especially since since due to the covid year all are around the same eligibility. I'm guessing Soldano goes down to 174 if Casale is 197.
We just need that monster Heavy that we haven't had since Billy the Kid.

Reactions: LETSGORU91

Wonder if Turley can cut to 165 or if Kanniard would be better bulking up to 165. We still have a weak spot in the middleweights and I'm hoping we have a plan to rectify that maybe in the portal or with someone hitting the weight room.

Fongaro wins by dec 1-0 to advance to the semi-finals where he'll face Wasilewski once again.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Ludington takes out Portella. Hell of a run for the freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT