ADVERTISEMENT

Love How Geo Ended the Game

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Not just because we won, that's obvious. But we won in the best way possible. For us to take that next step, we need our best player playing his best. This could be a springboard for Geo. He's looked different than he had all year. Big kudos to the staff and players for pulling us through his injury. That is a testament to TEAM play.

But to take that next step, your star has to play like one. Seeing GEO at the end of that game simply dominate like that is a really good sign. His confidence will be sky high moving forward, which the team will continue to feed off of.

Not just because we won, that's obvious. But we won in the best way possible. For us to take that next step, we need our best player playing his best. This could be a springboard for Geo. He's looked different than he had all year. Big kudos to the staff and players for pulling us through his injury. That is a testament to TEAM play.

But to take that next step, your star has to play like one. Seeing GEO at the end of that game simply dominate like that is a really good sign. His confidence will be sky high moving forward, which the team will continue to feed off of.
It really is best case scenario if this game gets us back on track and Geo breaks out of his season long slump right in time for the home stretch and tournament time. The team clearly looks so much more comfortable when they can rely on Geo as the alpha. It let's people relax and feel more comfortable in their roles

The most under appreciated part of this year is this team has done it after losing Eugene and having Geo "not quite right" for the entire B1G schedule.

What Rutgers basketball has done thus far is, as the kids say, "stupid good".

It really is best case scenario if this game gets us back on track and Geo breaks out of his season long slump right in time for the home stretch and tournament time. The team clearly looks so much more comfortable when they can rely on Geo as the alpha. It let's people relax and feel more comfortable in their roles

Geo also looks really, really fresh and bouncy. I think the time off and more limited playing time over the past month will help him avoid the wall he hit in the last few games last year.

Reactions: MV9000
I think it's time to start Geo because we have been very slow starting the games lately.

Starting 5
G - Geo
G - Mathis
C - Johnson
F - Harper
F - Yeboah

Have McConnell off bench - he has been asserting himself more in offense. I think he could be good coming off the bench and let him look score more. Love his mid jumpers.

Finish the game - depending on the game but I liked last night's end of the game lineup.
G - Geo
G - McConnell
C - Johnson
F - Harper
F - Yeboah

The most under appreciated part of this year is this team has done it after losing Eugene and having Geo "not quite right" for the entire B1G schedule.

What Rutgers basketball has done thus far is, as the kids say, "stupid good".

I agree and it's still difficult to comprehend that we have a wildly inconsistent player in Jacob Young, who can give you 12 points 3 steals in 1 game and 2 points and 3 turnovers in the next game.

I feel comfortable that we will get 8 to 10 points most nights from Caleb, Mathis and Myles Johnson, which is good, considering that in theory, I think RU has 6 starters (Geo not technically starting but obviously a starting caliber player.

Fans that are somehow disgruntled are a huge mystery right now.......This is not a perfect roster but it plays well together most nights....that's all you can ask for.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Loved how he took over! Knew the 5 days off would be a HUGE boost! Think Ronnie is next had a much better all-around game yesterday than the last 2 looked back “mentally” as well (re: Kobe). Hopefully Jacob shakes off the DWI and has a HUGE game Weds in Columbus!

Reactions: JQRU91
I think it's time to start Geo because we have been very slow starting the games lately.

I think there is a bit of recency bias in this statement as I have seen it on the board recently.

Rutgers has led at halftime in 10 of our 13 B1G games. We only trailed at the half against PSU, Michigan and Northwestern. 2 of those 3 happen to be our last two games so I do understand, but this team has not "started slowly" in B1G games.

Lately we have started slowly. We have trailed early in most of our recent games. Minn was up like 11-3. NW was terrible. Maryland we were down 8 early. I'm sure I'm forgetting 2 or 3 more. Total contrast to how were were playing earlier when we started 4 or 5 games. In a row with 10-0 or better runs . Wisc was 11-0, SHU was 14-0 and Lafayette was 18-0 .

Reactions: JQRU91
So there you are. Harper said it. Geo has had back problems lately--knew it wouldn't just be the thumb; he had showed signs of being over that. All that energy he brings--all that confidence--we need him healthy. When he does well, it fires others up. 25 points and a great floor game, even a block, and zero turnovers. For now, would give Young's minutes to Mulcahy.

I think there is a bit of recency bias in this statement as I have seen it on the board recently.

lately means last few games. I never said they started slow all big ten games. you make decisions based on last few games, not what you did beginning of the season... what worked month ago might not be working at this time...

I think it was it was good decision to have Geo come off bench after the injury. That way he can ease back in and not ruin any chemistry but now it seems we need him to start the game.

Rutgers has led at halftime in 10 of our 13 B1G games. We only trailed at the half against PSU, Michigan and Northwestern. 2 of those 3 happen to be our last two games so I do understand, but this team has not "started slowly" in B1G games.
"recency bias". wow. Where did that come from? Very cool. Geo now take that long first stride, but the difference is, his third eye can see now. His anticipation muscle is flexed. Never thought I'd ever be watching entire RU BB games.

So there you are. Harper said it. Geo has had back problems lately--knew it wouldn't just be the thumb; he had showed signs of being over that. All that energy he brings--all that confidence--we need him healthy. When he does well, it fires others up. 25 points and a great floor game, even a block, and zero turnovers. For now, would give Young's minutes to Mulcahy.

Young is a beast on D. Need him on the court.

Geo has ice in his veins. Imagine for a minute, you’re in a tight game at home, either a tie or down a couple points, and coach calls your number and spreads the floor for you.

You first have to dribble the clock down, while everyone in the building is waiting — 8000 screaming fans, your teammates, your coaches, the ball boys and the trainer, all the opponent players and coaches, plus everyone watching at home and the BTN studio guys and the greater B1G community at large around the country, and you’re the last conference game on a Sunday night. All eyes on you, and everyone, I mean EVERYONE knows you’re gonna take the shot.

And you calmly and decisively deliver the goods. You take the shot. You win the game. The crowd goes wild. The impact of your winning play reverberates everywhere. And you do it not once, not twice, but NUMEROUS times in your 2 1/2 year career so far.

What is it the guy says? Oh yeah...onions!

Geo Baker, RU legend.

Fans that are somehow disgruntled are a huge mystery right now.......This is not a perfect roster but it plays well together most nights....that's all you can ask for.

Hawk - You have some knock out thoughts, but sometimes they are lost in your excessive posts. This thought is gold.

For this season and how we are over achieving, it’s almost like we are imperfectly perfect.

Reactions: IBleedScarlet
Geo has ice in his veins. Imagine for a minute, you’re in a tight game at home, either a tie or down a couple points, and coach calls your number and spreads the floor for you.

You first have to dribble the clock down, while everyone in the building is waiting — 8000 screaming fans, your teammates, your coaches, the ball boys and the trainer, all the opponent players and coaches, plus everyone watching at home and the BTN studio guys and the greater B1G community at large around the country, and you’re the last conference game on a Sunday night. All eyes on you, and everyone, I mean EVERYONE knows you’re gonna take the shot.

And you calmly and decisively deliver the goods. You take the shot. You win the game. The crowd goes wild. The impact of your winning play reverberates everywhere. And you do it not once, not twice, but NUMEROUS times in your 2 1/2 year career so far.

What is it the guy says? Oh yeah...onions!

Geo Baker, RU legend.

Really great post, Billy!

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT