ADVERTISEMENT

LSU reinstates Coach Wade

It absolutely is------see Admissions Scandals----do you think any of those people get penalized to the full extent of the law ?

My only thoughts on Wade are :

A. It's LSU

B. They were afraid they would have to pay him.

C. Thought long term it was cheaper to fight the NCAA

Is cheating accepted at this point in society? What is going on?

Well, in college basketball it is. Makes you think should big time athletics really have a place at our universities , when you consider a school’s mission and all that ?
Definitely not . But the games and tournament are loads of fun so try to win.

Wade spoke with LSU administrators and had answered questions from the NCAA.

NCAA is a joke.

Agreed. Maybe Wade made LSU and the NCAA another "serious-ass offer" they could just not refuse.

No school should ever just submit to the NCAA. If you fight them you'll win.

It depends on the school, how much power they wield and how much money/benefactors they have to pay off the NCAA to make things like this go away.

It's not unheard of for residents/taxpayers that support a state institution to reject a coach despite reinstatement. Will another shoe drop?

In sports, winning is the only thing. Because winning = money. There has never been anyone who won all the time and made less money than when they were losing. Winning games is it, anything else is just noise

It's not unheard of for residents/taxpayers that support a state institution to reject a coach despite reinstatement. Will another shoe drop?

Yeah, I mean Tennessee fans went crazy just at the thought of the Vols hiring that Joe Paterno apologist, Greg Schiano, as their football coach. So there is clearly precedent for this sort of thing.

Note my sarcasm here.

If LSU fans think Wade can bring them some glory on the hardwood, they will accept his reinstatement, period.

totally shameful that LSU would take back this guy let alone the NCAA allowing it. What has happened to integrity in sports?

Anyone ever read Vonnegut’s “Player Piano” college players are paid employees with unlimited years of eligibility that can be sold to other schools. He also mentions a player who “died for dear old Rutgers”

Last edited:
Reactions: ruhoops21
Anyone ever read Vonnegut’s “Player Piano” college players are paid employees with unlimited years of eligibility that can be sold to other schools. He also mentions a player who “died for dear old Rutgers”

Lol when did they release this?? Sat night at midnight??

Promise us LSU that you will never ever change

I was in Jacksonville covering the NCAA Tournament. I asked each media member who was covering LSU, that I could find, if they thought he had coached his last game there.

Every single one of them said yes. Most of them looked at me like 'Why are you asking me this stupid question?"

To answer some posters questions on integrity in college sports Do you guys think cheating just started in college sports, or high school sports or even travel sports. This happens all the time. And the more money to be made, more cheating occurs.

To answer some posters questions on integrity in college sports Do you guys think cheating just started in college sports, or high school sports or even travel sports. This happens all the time. And the more money to be made, more cheating occurs.
Wait until some HS basketball coaches realize how much money they can make by hosting a "scholastic" camp by creating a $300 'Coaches Packet' that college coaches are required to purchase to gain entry to the event (just like at travel team events).

Wait until some HS basketball coaches realize how much money they can make by hosting a "scholastic" camp by creating a $300 'Coaches Packet' that college coaches are required to purchase to gain entry to the event (just like at travel team events).

you mean like the AAU coaches that sell expensive programs to the college coaches in the stands so they know which player is which number?

(i love that John Beilein refuses to buy them)

you mean like the AAU coaches that sell expensive programs to the college coaches in the stands so they know which player is which number?

(i love that John Beilein refuses to buy them)
I'm not sure how Beilein gets into the gym without buying a packet unless he is at some janky event run by people who don't know what they are doing.

At all of the grassroots events (Nike EYBL, adidas Gauntlet, Under Armour Association), and the events that the actual AAU runs, when the college coaches check in they pay for their coaches packet. It is basically the price of admission for the coaches. Most events also let the coaches pay online in advance of arrival.

Sometimes the coaches check-in is right next to media check-in. I love when that happens because I sometimes get a coaches packet instead of a media packet.

I'm not sure how Beilein gets into the gym without buying a packet unless he is at some janky event run by people who don't know what they are doing.

I know Beilein is a very honest dude, but from what I know there's no way to run a high-level program without at least some contact with the sleaze (even if it's just shaking it off your hand, so to speak). Gary Williams tried to go "old-school" too long and his results were a bad final chapter to his career. Then he just retired instead of giving in...

Reactions: Russ Wood
Will Wade basically said "You come at the King, you best not miss."

Omar.gif

Reactions: RU-Choppin-Ohio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT