ADVERTISEMENT

LSU reinstates Coach Wade

LSU athletic director Joe Alleva is stepping down.

The timing seems strange...reinstates a Coach that probably should have been fired and then steps down. I guess, it will be up to the new AD to decide if they move forward with Wade and take the heat or move on to another coach.

Last edited:
It basically shows you that at certain schools the pecking order amongst AD's and winning coaches.

The timing seems strange...reinstates a Coach that probably should have been fired and then steps down. I guess, it will be up to the new AD to decide if they move forward with Wade and take the heat or move on to another coach.
The timing is strange. I thought he was going to lose his job when he failed to hire Jimbo Fisher.

Suspending Wade was the final nail in Alleva's coffin with LSU fans and boosters with the fattest wallets. He has a track record of firing or suspending coaches without all of the facts being known.

They were still upset that he gave Les Miles pay increases after the 2010 and 2012 seasons and did not fire him after the 2015 season despite starting negotiations with Jimbo Fisher's agent. Then got even more pissed off when he fired Miles 4 games into the 2016 season, had 2 months to get his top target, Tom Herman but failed.

He raised football ticket prices, turned free the parking lot and the free tailgating lot into pay lots. Plus he made other decisions that led to a less enjoyable game day experience at football games.

So what happened today was the culmination of years of booster and Board of Supervisors dissatisfaction.

There are folks on the football board that just started The Wire now. Timeless show and a masterpiece.

And now will Wade nor Sean Miller will have to testify in court. Hahaha these trials are starting to become a Keystone Cops movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT