ADVERTISEMENT

Football Maggie Gray & Bart Scott set to coach Rutgers Spring Game

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
It was announced the other day via the @RFootball twitter account that radio show hosts Maggie Gray & Bart Scott will be the two coaches of the Scarlet & White spring game this year. Gray and Scott are part of a trio that includes Chris Carlin to create the Afternoon Drive show that is live everyday on the WFan. Coach Ash offered some comments on what to expect from this years spring game & what kind of playbook Gray & Scott will be using.

More from Juan & myself here.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Great idea, somewhere Fatsessa is pissed,lol. When Greg put an end to Russo and the Fatman coaching the spring game, Fatsessa never had a nice word to say about Rutgers Football again. Might as well take advantage of the biggest sports talk radio in the country.

Great idea, somewhere Fatsessa is pissed,lol. When Greg put an end to Russo and the Fatman coaching the spring game, Fatsessa never had a nice word to say about Rutgers Football again. Might as well take advantage of the biggest sports talk radio in the country.

Greg didn’t end it . It ended long before that.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Didn't the fans give Mike and Mad dog a hard time at the Louisville game? Thought maybe he got pissed at RU after that.

Didn't the fans give Mike and Mad dog a hard time at the Louisville game? Thought maybe he got pissed at RU after that.
Mostly it was directed at Mike. I was right next to Marc Malusis,he was working the equipment for the remote broadcast, and he said,don't these people get it? Mike and Dog will never come back here again.

Greg didn’t end it . It ended long before that.
I'm pretty sure your wrong on that. Greg ended it, and Mike was bitching on the radio about it, and he added that interviewing Greg one show that Greg was tight lipped on some questions as if he thought he was Bill Parcells.Schiano rubbed Fatsessa from the get go.

I'm pretty sure your wrong on that. Greg ended it, and Mike was bitching on the radio about it, and he added that interviewing Greg one show that Greg was tight lipped on some questions as if he thought he was Bill Parcells.Schiano rubbed Fatsessa from the get go.

Shea didn’t have them coaching when we were losing to the alumni. So maybe greg restarted it and then ended it?

Reactions: RU old timer
Mostly it was directed at Mike. I was right next to Marc Malusis,he was working the equipment for the remote broadcast, and he said,don't these people get it? Mike and Dog will never come back here again.
I'm sure they got it completely. Thicky Ricardo and Coo Coo For Cocoa Puffs served no useful purpose as far as RU football was concerned.

ufFZ2ZX.jpg

Reactions: Local Shill
Like to see us do something with a basketball scrimmage too.Ideally.I would like a big signal all sports radio station in New Jersey so New Jerseyans could completely turn off NYC and Philly media.

The way to impress the media is to win meaningful games such as Texas State, Liberty, and U Mass. The media will gravitate to RU with big wins over these schools. Meanwhile. Ash cancels UCLA. Shows how incompetent a coach he is...thinking he can fool us and the media with cupcake wins to get 500 records and bowl game “achievements”. We see right through his stupidity.

The way to impress the media is to win meaningful games such as Texas State, Liberty, and U Mass. The media will gravitate to RU with big wins over these schools. Meanwhile. Ash cancels UCLA. Shows how incompetent a coach he is...thinking he can fool us and the media with cupcake wins to get 500 records and bowl game “achievements”. We see right through his stupidity.
I might give you Temple but Syracuse and BC aren’t even worth a mention? With BC I believe being the UCLA replacement.

To go along with a regular B1G East sked peppered with some B1G West foes too.

Yet people on this board love Schiano for doing the same thing. We used to call it the Frank Beamer way. Build a program with an easy out of conference schedule and hope to get to 6 wins. Play bowl games and get recruits. Even in 2006 we still finished in 3rd place in a watered down Big East.

Reactions: Plum Street
Disagree. He has talked openly about promoting Northeast football, and frankly I am glad we will be playing regional teams in Temple, Syracuse and BC. Really don't think playing UCLA would have done that much for RU, especially since Chip Kelly will likely have them a perennial top 10/15 team. Would rather have Northeast bragging rights, and would not call BC and Syracuse cupcakes. Maybe once RU gets its mojo going, we can start aiming at higher level targets.

Yet people on this board love Schiano for doing the same thing. We used to call it the Frank Beamer way. Build a program with an easy out of conference schedule and hope to get to 6 wins. Play bowl games and get recruits. Even in 2006 we still finished in 3rd place in a watered down Big East.

But don't forget Ash's in conference games are a lot tougher than Schiano's in conference. Also the AA teams are limited now
in the Big Ten, I feel Rutgers' schedule is tough enough, with out having to go to a tough schedule outside the conference. The best football schools in the country schedule easy schools out of conference, so why not us. Think of our kids they need a break physically
and mentally why over kill the schedule?

I might give you Temple but Syracuse and BC aren’t even worth a mention? With BC I believe being the UCLA replacement.
The Rotting, Decrepit Fruit are the UCLA replacement.

But don't forget Ash's in conference games are a lot tougher than Schiano's in conference. Also the AA teams are limited now
in the Big Ten, I feel Rutgers' schedule is tough enough, with out having to go to a tough schedule outside the conference. The best football schools in the country schedule easy schools out of conference, so why not us. Think of our kids they need a break physically
and mentally why over kill the schedule?
I agree with you. I think the poster was being sarcastic (or at least I took it that way). I was planning to go to the UCLA game. It was probably going to be my only trip to the Rose Bowl in my lifetime. That being said, to compete in this conference, we need solid years of bowls and good recruits. We are not ready for a tough OOC at this time or the near future. We all want to see good OOC teams, but we need to see progress first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT