ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland pre game

bwrlaw

Junior
Mar 13, 2010
Anyone going. Anyone have suggestions on pre game meal. Have stopped at Chaps Pit Beef in Baltimore in the past. Looking for something different.

Presidents day weekend trip planned around the game. More intrested in breakfasts and brunches.

Was originally going to do this trip but opted do a football weekend in DC/college Park in October.

Not a whole lot to choose from in the College Park restaurant landscape from my experience. There are a few different options (Old Maryland Grill, Kapnos Taverna, Potomac Pizza) located inside the recently built The Hotel at the U of MD (opened maybe 5-6 months ago). Might be worth a try and is directly across from the main entrance to the campus.

Currently expecting about 1-2 inches of snow/sleet in the CP area this evening.

Reactions: satnom
Anyone going. Anyone have suggestions on pre game meal. Have stopped at Chaps Pit Beef in Baltimore in the past. Looking for something different.

Chaps is the fast food place right? We go there when we go to Cal Ripken in Aberdeen Md. Tasty food. Wish they had a franchise at the Jersey Shore

Plenty of nice places for a meet-up in Greenbelt, MD and it is not far from Campus

Better off going into DC for a nice meal. Short ride away on Metro from College Park. When I was a visiting grad student at College Park there were limited places to eat on and off campus.

GO RU

Last edited:
Heading down shortly.

Will be staying in Greenbelt and a visit to the National Archives tomorrow.

Go RU!

I’ve been to Looney’s Pub a few times. Right off campus and you won’t be disappointed. Plenty of beers on tap and tons of decent bar food.

I’ve been to Looney’s Pub a few times. Right off campus and you won’t be disappointed. Plenty of beers on tap and tons of decent bar food.

Gets realllllly crowded on game days so just make sure to get there early if you want a table.

Reactions: RUnTeX
If you want something different go to Marathon Deli. It’s known for Gyros and probably the best fries on earth. For anyone who watches Campus Eats on B1G Network, it was featured last season.

Franklin’s is also good for a more traditional meal, 15 mins from the arena and brews its own beer.

Reactions: RUnTeX and Shimmy24
Heading to the Daily Grill in DC, then up to the game. Has just started snowing already.

Can we all agree that nobody can post an RU GOT THIS W thread when there's still 2 minutes left in the game ??

Reactions: AD888
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT