ADVERTISEMENT

MBB renewals

When I have an extra ticket I always give it to a fellow RU fan, when there's demand, i.e., when we're at least decent in hoops and football, and when we suck, I generally burn any extras since I can't even give those away, lol. Never will have any of my tix end up in an opposing fans hands, though - just not wired that way.

Carino article on this. As I said earlier this year, I'm expecting tickets to double in price (especially in the 100s) over the next several years, especially with the renovation needing to raise revenues. Buckle up folks. Our tickets just went from $1775 to $2250 per season ticket.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...8nEKpZAHMAEuNYRqxTzW7ED6lZE0Tn7cJRS_BYkJO-aAV
Which is why this year is monstrous in terms of excitement and success. I’m a long time season ticket holder (35+ years) and am friends with a bunch of others similar long time ticket holders. We are all on board big time..however, if this season goes south or next is season is filled with portal Agees, Noahs, etc, there will be an influx of available prime seats and the wait list people will get their wish (albeit at a high price)

Unfortunately …we all want national championships and pay Atlantic ten tickets prices….

They did what I said they would do….make the price correct for what somone would get if they sold all the tickets in the open market ….

That’s matching supply and demand.

Deal with it people …we are in the big ten. The prices are fair….not NBA prices for certain, but matching the cost of major college basketball

My ticket cost is $131 per seat. That doesn't get me in the building at MSG to see the Rangers. Probably puts me in the nosebleeds to see the Giants. Probably 1b or 3b side for the Yankees.

I don't care about analyzing for Knicks tickets for obvious reasons.

Reactions: RUBlackout
My all-in cost for the 300s, including parking, went up 18% for what sounds like 2-3 less games.

About what I was expecting I guess.

That said, this can't be the normal annual increase after this season

My all-in cost for the 300s, including parking, went up 18% for what sounds like 2-3 less games.

About what I was expecting I guess.

That said, this can't be the normal annual increase after this season
Where are you getting 2-3 less games? There were 17 home games last year. This year, 1 MSG game, a few OOC tournament games…you think that equals only 15 RAC games? I’d be curious if others agree that is likely, as that would suck…

Where are you getting 2-3 less games? There were 17 home games last year. This year, 1 MSG game, a few OOC tournament games…you think that equals only 15 RAC games? I’d be curious if others agree that is likely, as that would suck…
Yeah maybe I'm overstating it a little

Seton Hall is at home. +1
Two neutral site games again. 0
No P5 road game (Wake). +1
3 games in Vegas/Cayman. -3

So hopefully only just 1 less game at the RAC.

Is anyone legitimately considering not renewing?
Despite the 18% ish increase, nobody is going to balk at these prices when Ace and Dylan are part of the deal. What's going to be interesting is the following year. They certainly won't lower prices, but if they are smart, prices will be flat.

Now if Pike goes out and has another top 5 class, that's a different story.

Including parking, seat fee, and tix, my 100 level package came out to about $125 per seat per game based on a 16 game home schedule. No, it's not cheap but a ticket for a regular season Yankee at $125 per seat not including parking or anything else would put me about 400 feet from home plate.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Including parking, seat fee, and tix, my 100 level package came out to about $125 per seat per game based on a 16 game home schedule. No, it's not cheap but a ticket for a regular season Yankee at $125 per seat not including parking or anything else would put me about 400 feet from home plate.
tell Judge to start hitting please. I hate the Yankee$, but am a Judge fan this year.

This will be happening a lot more imo.

Get ready for more opposing fans in the 100s and 200s. Opposing fans are usually more inclined to pay up.
Not if they start limiting or banning people from selling tickets.

A few years ago, I know of people who received emailed threatening that their ticket privileges would be revoked if they continued to sell.

Reactions: ChasRC69
400 feet vertically when they’re good

Not if they start limiting or banning people from selling tickets.

A few years ago, I know of people who received emailed threatening that their ticket privileges would be revoked if they continued to sell.

Not when the school is using ticket resale sites so...

Reactions: RUCrow
Despite the 18% ish increase, nobody is going to balk at these prices when Ace and Dylan are part of the deal. What's going to be interesting is the following year. They certainly won't lower prices, but if they are smart, prices will be flat.

Now if Pike goes out and has another top 5 class, that's a different story.

They almost definitely go up next year

This is what is showing up for me as well - have an e-mail in to my ticket rep as I am still eligible for a Young Alumni discount thats not showing up... Hope I don't have to swallow a 100% increase this year😫
YA price for 300s is $350+$50.

YA price for 300s is $350+$50.
That is what the e-mail from my ticket rep just stated: "That is the young alumni discount for the 2024-25 season. It would be $450 per seat without it." ($350x2 + $100 showing on my renewal form)

So not sure what @darkcheck is quoting? The image shared earlier in the thread did say $450 (without add'l seat fee outlined, but expected). Looking back at my order history, YA discount was $402 (2 tickets) all in last season, $340 the season before that (which contradicts Hobb's statement on the podcast as others have said)...

So, Young Alumni are looking at a 100% increase in ticket price this year. 🤕

That is what the e-mail from my ticket rep just stated: "That is the young alumni discount for the 2024-25 season. It would be $450 per seat without it." ($350x2 + $100 showing on my renewal form)

So not sure what @darkcheck is quoting? The image shared earlier in the thread did say $450 (without add'l seat fee outlined, but expected). Looking back at my order history, YA discount was $402 (2 tickets) all in last season, $340 the season before that (which contradicts Hobb's statement on the podcast as others have said)...

How did you get YA ticket for $201 last year? It was $263 for me...

People expect national champions and expect to pay NEC prices... yikes.

Thats still a cheap ticket.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
The truth is No one is forcing us to buy season tickets. We can cancel and take a chance on the open market or just watch on tv. Actually those naysayers that predict the team will have issues or Pike will continually fail, etc or that Ru's basketball future sucks should do just that if they really believe in what they say. Many however have been loyal to RU no matter what and will continue to buy tickets, assuming they can afford them. Some idiots may say fans like that are losers ‐- they're not.

After clearing my cache I tried again on Chrome and everything went through.

For the first time, I got the payment plan. With property taxes and income taxes all due in the next few weeks, I simply don't have enough cash for an April 30 deadline.

Not even a season ticket holder but did go to one game last year. Just got a call from the Athletic Department about tickets for next season.

Reactions: RUCrow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT