ADVERTISEMENT

MBB renewals

That is what the e-mail from my ticket rep just stated: "That is the young alumni discount for the 2024-25 season. It would be $450 per seat without it." ($350x2 + $100 showing on my renewal form)

So not sure what @darkcheck is quoting? The image shared earlier in the thread did say $450 (without add'l seat fee outlined, but expected). Looking back at my order history, YA discount was $402 (2 tickets) all in last season, $340 the season before that (which contradicts Hobb's statement on the podcast as others have said)...

So, Young Alumni are looking at a 100% increase in ticket price this year. 🤕
I’m not a YA but I have an extra seat in the 300s and my rep charged me $450 for that today

Not even a season ticket holder but did go to one game last year. Just got a call from the Athletic Department about tickets for next season.
Prob asking for demand reasons of people in certain sections pull the plug

I’m waiting on 100s or lower 200s but doubt it even happens moving from center 200s now.

5 figure yearly donations don’t carry much weight for past 15yrs

I renewed my tickets again today. I am glad I did. There was a pretty big increase but it was expected. I think I have only missed 4 games since the RAC opened in 1977. I have been a fan since Lloyd & Valvano and started going to games in the Barn in 1971. I am so looking forward to the coming season. Hoping my health will still be good.

I renewed my tickets again today. I am glad I did. There was a pretty big increase but it was expected. I think I have only missed 4 games since the RAC opened in 1977. I have been a fan since Lloyd & Valvano and started going to games in the Barn in 1971. I am so looking forward to the coming season. Hoping my health will still be good.
Hope you get a much deserved quality season

Just renewed and glad to pay the increase for the improved quality. If there was a way to have an additional say $10/game increase for all seats that went right to NIL, that would be a no brainer. Hopefully they figure out a way to make future increases fund NIL.

If you offer a better price to kids who just graduated, which you should, the discount should probably be more than $3 per game. And doubling the price for YA from one year to the next seems crazy in general.
This is the classic "If you give a mouse a cookie" story. Rutgers is NOT obligated to give YA any discount. Some discount is better than none.

Someone will gladly take your seat if you don't renew.

• Angry
Reactions: RUCrow
This is the classic "If you give a mouse a cookie" story. Rutgers is NOT obligated to give YA any discount. Some discount is better than none.

Someone will gladly take your seat if you don't renew.
This year? Sure. Next year (and every year after that)?

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Suppose they just did away with YA pricing. Would YAs decline to buy tickets if the team was good? I don't think it would stop them.
1. You assume the team will be good; I do not, and
2. The answer to your question is: Yes, definitely. You cannot get blood from a stone.

There's a reason I didn't have season tickets to the Jets at age 24 - I didn't have the money. If you don't have the money, no desire to attend games is going to magically make you acquire the money. The disposable income just isn't there. Look at the country's inflation. I'm surprised these kids fresh out of college can afford food. A Big Mac meal is over $10 in some places.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I’m not a YA but I have an extra seat in the 300s and my rep charged me $450 for that today
I also have a seat in the 300s apart from my regular seats. I thought I got charged more than $450 for that. Maybe because it is in the second row. I never have sat there once after having it for a few years. I always wind up giving it to a student. With the ticket prices now, I’m going to get rid of it after Harper and Bailey are done.

I was told by the rep on the phone that there’s almost 0% availability that roughly 99% of season tickets were renewed and the remainder will be bought by season ticket wait listers
Most teams in schools have to put a certain number of single game tickets on sale, contractually

That number varies, depending on the contract, and the institution, typically extremely difficult to get and the best bet would be either getting them via message board or a secondary website

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT