ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Men’s Basketball Hosted The Knighthood Showcase Scrimmage

How come they don’t call it midnight madness anymore ??? I’ve noticed that’s now an outdated term across college basketball for last many years
This is more of an NIL opportunity. Sounds to me like they figured out a way to get around what screwed up @Geo_Baker_1 's event last year, the basketball is free and what you're paying for is the autograph session afterwards.

Not sure if they still do midnight madness for the students though to your point

Looking forward to attending the St Johns charity game. Let's keep it injury free.

Anyone know when tickets will be available?

I know it is free but there will be immense demand… can’t just be first come first serve…right?

I don't think an open scrimmage is gonna sell out.

St Johns probably, but not this

Sneak peek at our exclusive poster only available at The Knighthood Showcase
🔥

To get one autographed tickets are $45 for the public and $15 for children and @knightsraritan members!

461085316_18451110526050176_6434515423716830622_n.jpg

Dylan wow!! Dylan has 13 and a couple of assists
Ace forcing it a little but has 7 points and is a great passer and also has 5-6 rebounds

Reactions: Scarlet83
Dylan was unquestionably the best player on the court.

I was also very impressed with the defense, it was very aggressive and open shots were not easy to come by
And don’t forget Acuff didn’t even play
Pikell biggest problem this year is getting minutes for everyone

Dylan and Ace need to play 35 minutes each after that??

In agreement with just about all of the above, beginning with the fact that Dylan was the best player on the floor. As others have said, I think Ace tried to do too much and needs to settle into a role while of course we want him to be aggressive and hunt his shots. I think he overdid it a bit today. Similarly, I saw the same and JaMychal as I saw last year. I see some real flaws in his offensive game, in particular the fact that he goes at one speed. i’d like for him to embrace the fact that he’s a defensive first guy and not look at his own offense of stats. There were some good moments for Martini who I was quicker than I expected and slimmer. I think he can be one of those real pain in the butt guys to the opposition. Ogbole, as others have said, missed some shots that we’re going to need him to make. When he gets the ball at the rim he’s got a put it in the hoop and he didn’t do that consistently today. My guess is that late then it’s going to be a fine player for us. Since so many players renew, I sometimes had a hard time distinguishing, who with who, but I will point to number 23 is having a good game. Don’t want to draw too much as it was what we all expected or at least should’ve expected it to be: sloppy September basketball with some real high points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
I wanted to see more 3 point shots from Hayes and Martini which will be needed during the season.Harper clearly was the best performer.One team practiced pressing near end of scrimmage probably in anticipation of playing St.Johns on October 17,2024.The starting lineup will be Martini ,Bailey, Harper,Williams and Ogbole.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
I always think it is tough to draw too much from an open scrimmage. However, I love hearing about Dylan doing so well. Looking forward to seeing how they gel over the year.

I wanted to see more 3 point shots from Hayes and Martini which will be needed during the season.Harper clearly was the best performer.One team practiced pressing near end of scrimmage probably in anticipation of playing St.Johns on October 17,2024.The starting lineup will be Martini ,Bailey, Harper,Williams and Ogbole.
What do you see for minutes distribution?

In agreement with just about all of the above, beginning with the fact that Dylan was the best player on the floor. As others have said, I think Ace tried to do too much and needs to settle into a role while of course we want him to be aggressive and hunt his shots. I think he overdid it a bit today. Similarly, I saw the same and JaMychal as I saw last year. I see some real flaws in his offensive game, in particular the fact that he goes at one speed. i’d like for him to embrace the fact that he’s a defensive first guy and not look at his own offense of stats. There were some good moments for Martini who I was quicker than I expected and slimmer. I think he can be one of those real pain in the butt guys to the opposition. Ogbole, as others have said, missed some shots that we’re going to need him to make. When he gets the ball at the rim he’s got a put it in the hoop and he didn’t do that consistently today. My guess is that late then it’s going to be a fine player for us. Since so many players renew, I sometimes had a hard time distinguishing, who with who, but I will point to number 23 is having a good game. Don’t want to draw too much as it was what we all expected or at least should’ve expected it to be: sloppy September basketball with some real high points.
#23 is PJ Hayes.

Dylan is phenomenal. A first step much quicker than I expected. He got to the rim at will. He will lead the Big10 in assists. First team all Big 10? All American? It will be interesting to see if Pitino can press Dylan in the exhibition. I’m thinking not.
Ace is an inside force and will probably be a good defender and rebounder. His outside shot is a bit too flat for him to be a great shooter. I predict he’ll be 30% or less from 3.
Add Jeremiah and we have 3 guys who can get to the rim and finish. JMike is highly aggressive and can get to the rim despite his size. I think he was 5 for 6 from the line so maybe his shot is better? He plays awfully hard so will get good minutes.
PJ is a very good shooter with a quick release and is more athletic than anticipated. Wish he was taller so he could play the 4. He will get minutes.
Somerville is going to be a good college player. Excellent footwork. Is he big enough to be our 5 this year?
I would have loved to see Acuff because for me the jury is out on the rest of the team.
I’m not so confident we have what we need at the 4 and 5.

Dylan is phenomenal. A first step much quicker than I expected. He got to the rim at will. He will lead the Big10 in assists. First team all Big 10? All American? It will be interesting to see if Pitino can press Dylan in the exhibition. I’m thinking not.
Ace is an inside force and will probably be a good defender and rebounder. His outside shot is a bit too flat for him to be a great shooter. I predict he’ll be 30% or less from 3.
Add Jeremiah and we have 3 guys who can get to the rim and finish. JMike is highly aggressive and can get to the rim despite his size. I think he was 5 for 6 from the line so maybe his shot is better? He plays awfully hard so will get good minutes.
PJ is a very good shooter with a quick release and is more athletic than anticipated. Wish he was taller so he could play the 4. He will get minutes.
Somerville is going to be a good college player. Excellent footwork. Is he big enough to be our 5 this year?
I would have loved to see Acuff because for me the jury is out on the rest of the team.
I’m not so confident we have what we need at the 4 and 5.
Just got home and agree with all of this.

Can't be overstated how good Dylan is. He's a man amongst boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT