ADVERTISEMENT

Men's Lax - B1G Tourney

rucoe89

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2001
After a tough loss yesterday, back to face Johns Hopkins in B1G Tourney. Tall task to beat them again. Wish they could have pulled out W yesterday.

After a tough loss yesterday, back to face Johns Hopkins in B1G Tourney. Tall task to beat them again. Wish they could have pulled out W yesterday.

Unfortunately, Hopkins' loss relegated us to 2nd place. Team really had nothing to play for.

Thursday is a huge game. I think the winner is in the tournament, and loser may not make it; right on the bubble.

Unfortunately, Hopkins' loss relegated us to 2nd place. Team really had nothing to play for.

Thursday is a huge game. I think the winner is in the tournament, and loser may not make it; right on the bubble.
Understood, but for a young team to beat an in conference foe with a sub-500 record would have shown some growth of the team. Can't squander those for momentum purposes. Thursday game is huge as you note. Time to seriously regroup because I don't think they make it as a bubble team.

Gotta win Thursday to have a chance. Out of the 3 other teams in the tourney, I like playing Hopkins first. I think we match up with the better in certain areas.

Let Maryland and Penn St beat each other up.

Hopefully we get the winner of that one.

Yesterday is done. It's all about Thursday.

Gotta win Thursday to have a chance. Out of the 3 other teams in the tourney, I like playing Hopkins first. I think we match up with the better in certain areas.

Let Maryland and Penn St beat each other up.

Hopefully we get the winner of that one.

Yesterday is done. It's all about Thursday.
Definitely going to be rooting hard Thursday. A second win over Hopkins would be huge for program!

Can't wait. One thing to keep an eye on is the refs.

Hopkins is NOTORIOUS for home cooking.

No. We are hosting it next year, I believe.

Personally, I would like to see us go to a neutral site, somewhere where the game is emerging.

Can't wait. One thing to keep an eye on is the refs.

Hopkins is NOTORIOUS for home cooking.

As a Maryland fan who has attended many chapters of "The Rivalry" at Homewood, I can't cosign this enough. The refs there are almost as annoying as that damn fight song after every goal they score.

Who assigns the refs for tourney games? Refs in the tank can make the difference. They will time their homer calls for critical junctions & turn the course of the game.

Who assigns the refs for tourney games? Refs in the tank can make the difference. They will time their homer calls for critical junctions & turn the course of the game.
Refs seemed fair last night. The Hopkins coach was livid at various calls that went against JH. What a win for RU.

Incredible win!!! Kids really regrouped and came to play! On to the Terps!

The refs were horrible last night. As predicted.

Their coach yells after his team scores goals. He is a yeller. A foul mouthed one at that. I wouldn't use that as a barometer.

Just as an example, Bieda second goal that was disallowed because they said he stepped in the crease first was a complete joke. You can clearly see both of his feet in the air as the ball was crossing the line and the only foot in the crease was a Hop defender. And Petro yells whenever there are any calls against his team

Just as an example, Bieda second goal that was disallowed because they said he stepped in the crease first was a complete joke. You can clearly see both of his feet in the air as the ball was crossing the line and the only foot in the crease was a Hop defender. And Petro yells whenever there are any calls against his team

I don't know the game that well but I agree with this assessment. The Hopkins coach didn't get cheated in the whining category.

Great, great win for the guys & the program. Believe that KA got in their heads a bit in the 2nd half. He certainly came up more than big. Agree that the Bieda non goal call pretty much reeked. Over all thought that the refs were pretty even, at least not as partial as they could have been.

Maryland should not take anything for granted. Our guys are playing with confidence. If they can relax & come out loose, which they haven't in the last couple of games, they will be a hand full. X is a real concern. If somehow we can improve a bit there, then watch out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT