ADVERTISEMENT

***Mike Maietti commits to Rutgers***

Welcome Aboard Mike ! Bosco linemen are usually well prepared and well conditioned . Having Mike Teel there didn't hurt either, I guess.

Don't understand how an all-metro lineman Canberra so lightly recruited? Is he underweight or something?

Don't understand how an all-metro lineman Canberra so lightly recruited? Is he underweight or something?
Just looked it up...265 lbs with FBS offers from Air Force and Army. He's reasonably intelligent and going to be a leader off the field if not on. Hoping the SC staff can pack some more weight on his frame the next two years.

I see what Ash's plan is...I like a first team all-state lineman who get's after it.
And, with......................
2470180-brain.jpg
s

Welcome Mike. Doesn't surprise me that the kids got brains to go with the brawn. All centers know that we are always the smartest guys on the Oline. Those other guys wait for us to make the line calls so that they know what to do.;)

Reactions: Abro1975
To me, it seems like once Ash realized it was unlikely that our class was going to be filled with highly recruited guys he decided to extend offers to lightly recruited parochial guys. Assuming the staff takes care of these kids during their tenure, I think it's a great move. It should help establish a relationship with the high school coaches.

WELCOME, Mike!! GREAT having you with us "On The Banks"!! :football::boom:[thumb2]:100points:

Don't underestimate what has taken place here. We are now solid in two key positions with two outstanding young men of character and intelligence...that being at center and qb with Maietti and Oden. This is a solid foundation to build on. L

And I know Zappa wil appreciate this analogy...just like in baseball in football you need to be strong up the middle. This year we have Maietti, Oden and Snead. It's a great start!

service academy offers = squared away individual Welcome aboard young man.

University of Rutgers lol somebody will complain shortly.

Welcome sir.

My problem isn't that recruits get that kind of thing wrong as a teenager that has had little reason to ever see a University letterhead before today.....it's that they get it wrong in an age in which we can all Google. If I'm that kid I correct myself ASAP.

That said, I would happily approve of any recruit that dares to troll OSU fans by saying "I'm committing to attend THE Rutgers University"

Don't underestimate what has taken place here. We are now solid in two key positions with two outstanding young men of character and intelligence...that being at center and qb with Maietti and Oden. This is a solid foundation to build on. L

And I know Zappa wil appreciate this analogy...just like in baseball in football you need to be strong up the middle. This year we have Maietti, Oden and Snead. It's a great start!

Not just Maietti but Howson also a C/G type who really gets after it. They may not have a lot of offers but Maietti, Howson and Lonsdorff all seem to be tough kids who have high motors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT