ADVERTISEMENT

Miss Jellyman's takes on bball

Same here. Thought Jellyman's female companion or daughter had some great insights into the team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: RUDave_01
Thx ... that is Ms. Jellyman to you, not Miss Jellyman, LOL.

I have been a little overwhelmed, though I have been to or watched nearly every game this year.

When I can I try to chime in on bactotherac's post game threads.

Without any in-depth analysis: I am please with the team, and its effort. I think the coaching has been fantastic. I think most of the players have put forward a TON of effort to improve. I think RU's defensive effort has improved throughout the season, while its rebounding has been really good almost every game. But RU still has a severe shortage of OFFENSIVE skills and TALENT. This will not be fixed this season.

Pre-season, I though 12-14 wins seemed doable, with 14-15 being the upper end. After the OOC schedule, even with losing to the only decent teams RU faced (Miami and SHU), I though 15-16 wins was very possible, with an OUTSIDE chance at 17 wins if somehow RU was able to generate some offense a little more consistently - knowing it would be much tougher to get wins in the Big Ten schedule. Losing at HOME of PSU was a kick in the gonads ... I believe that was RU's worst-played game of the entire season: Certainly it was RU's worst OFFENSIVE game, coming at a really bad time. And I thought RU really had a shot at Iowa. NOW ... I see the reasonable and optimistic upside at 15 wins (4 Big Ten Wins - 3 more wins somewhere). I do not think 16 wins is completely out of the question, and if somehow the team were able to get 4 more Big Ten wins, the players and coahces deserve HUGE credit. RU just is too short offensive skills and talent.

Reactions: RUJMM78

I have been a little overwhelmed, though I have been to or watched nearly every game this year.

Without any in-depth analysis: I am please with the team, and its effort. I think the coaching has been fantastic. I think most of the players have put forward a TON of effort to improve. I think RU's defensive effort has improved throughout the season, while its rebounding has been really good almost every game. But RU still has a severe shortage of OFFENSIVE skills and TALENT. This will not be fixed this season.

Pre-season, I though 12-14 wins seemed doable, with 14-15 being the upper end. After the OOC schedule, even with losing to the only decent teams RU faced (Miami and SHU), I though 15-16 wins was very possible, with an OUTSIDE chance at 17 wins if somehow RU was able to generate some offense a little more consistently - knowing it would be much tougher to get wins in the Big Ten schedule. Losing at HOME of PSU was a kick in the gonads ... I believe that was RU's worst-played game of the entire season: Certainly it was RU's worst OFFENSIVE game, coming at a really bad time. And I thought RU really had a shot at Iowa. NOW ... I see the reasonable and optimistic upside at 15 wins (4 Big Ten Wins - 3 more wins somewhere). I do not think 16 wins is completely out of the question, and if somehow the team were able to get 4 more Big Ten wins, the players and coahces deserve HUGE credit. RU just is too short offensive skills and talent.
Thanks Jelly!

great post Jelly..agree with just about everything. I think there is a chance for 16 wins (5 Big 10 wins) but its not a great chance and RU would have to win its nice winnable game..Iowa at home for any chance of that...an equal chance that RU wins 5 as it just wins maybe one more time (Illinois)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT