ADVERTISEMENT

Mohamed "The Menace" Toure is back next year!

I thought he would be exploring the NFL waters. Maybe he got enough feedback that it didn't make sense to leave.. regardless, I'm excited to have Mo back!

This is huge. What a job by the staff retaining our better talent in the age of the portal.
Being part of the program, for about 10 years, was a blessing. Up close, it is obvious that this is NOT simply a football team. It is a Program. A program where the greater good eclipses individual needs. Where honesty and integrity are absolute requirements. Not everybody fits, here. But, those of us that do, we stick. F.A.M.I.L.Y.!

If the requisite good character qualification limits our ceiling to 6-8 wins per year, so be it.

Last edited:
Being part of the program, for about 10 years, was a blessing. Up close, it is obvious that this is NOT simply a football team. It is a Program. A program where the greater good eclipses individual needs. Where honest and integrity are absolute requirements. Not everybody fits, here. But, those of us that do, we stick. F.A.M.I.L.Y.!

If the requisite good character qualification limits our ceiling to 6-8 wins per year, so be it.
Having had interactions with Greg and the previous guy, it's night and day. After speaking to the previous guy, felt like punching the wall in frustration. After speaking with Greg, feel like running through a wall for the program.

Greg could sell ice to Eskimos. Some say he is a slick salesman, but I don't see it that way. He is very real. He connects with people he is talking with, and he articulates the vision for the program well. Rutgers is lucky to have him. Great job keeping the defense together.

Last edited:
We now have confirmation that Powell, Lewis, Bailey, and Toure will be back. We still need to hear from Flip Dixon. Melton is gone but that was expected.

Dixon is a huge piece but you have to give RU credit for utilizing it's NIL resources wisely and getting these guys back instead of spending it on a QB. Hopefully, there is still some money for a WR and Tight End. The WR from Monmouth and the TE from Harvard seem like good options that won't break the bank. We'll see. But we need to keep Dixon to lock up a potentially elite defense next season. #DarkSide

Reactions: eddynyse
Having had interactions with Greg and the previous guy, it's night and day. After speaking to the previous guy, felt like punching the wall in frustration. After speaking with Greg, feel like running through a wall for the program.

Greg could sell ice to Eskimos. Some say he is a slick salesman, but I don't see it that way. He is very real. He connectts with people he is talking with, and he articulates the vision for the program well. Rutgers is lucky to have him. Great job keeping the defense together.
I've never met GS, but I know lots of guys who have interacted with him. They all say pretty much what you said....especially the "run through a wall" part.

Huuuuge

I can see him having a near All American year. With Powell creating issues, he can flat out be that menace.

Will be interesting to see who will be 3rd lb. Although much hyped, Walker was mostly ineffectual and at times pushed around. Hopefully still in recovery mode and he can take a big step especially with Powell and Toure occupying OCs thoughts.

I've never met GS, but I know lots of guys who have interacted with him. They all say pretty much what you said....especially the "run through a wall" part.
This is 100% true . I can confirm.

Any word on Dixon?
He's active on Twitter. The guys that have committed are pushing him and Longerbeam publicly to commit. I would say that's a good sign. Schiano probably has been working on each NIL deal one at a time and I'm guessing Longerbeam and Dixon are next in the queue.

He's active on Twitter. The guys that have committed are pushing him and Longerbeam publicly to commit. I would say that's a good sign. Schiano probably has been working on each NIL deal one at a time and I'm guessing Longerbeam and Dixon are next in the queue.
That would be icing on the Cake if Dixon and Longerbeam return.
Top 10 Defense next season !!!!!

Greg could sell ice to Eskimos. Some say he is a slick salesman, but I don't see it that way. He is very real. He connects with people he is talking with, and he articulates the vision for the program well. Rutgers is lucky to have him. Great job keeping the defense together.
People can see "real".. if they themselves are "real".

That means honesty, by the way. GS is honest and earnest and people can sense that right away. I also think our basketball coach Pike.. and wrestling coach Goodale all project their true interests in their athletes and university and programs. There are probably more such coaches. We keep hiring coaches with talent and integrity we'll be okay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT