ADVERTISEMENT

Monangai, Brown and a few random thoughts

jmc11201

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2005
Boston
I couldn't help but think how lucky we are to have Monangai and Brown. Not only are they both great football players, but in the days of NIL and guys leaving mid season, these two are a class act. The hug they shared after Brown's touchdown was genuine and it's great these guys put team ahead of themselves.

I thought the stadium looked great last night. The crowd was loud and the stadium was packed. The flow of the game wasn't great at times, but people brought it and should be commended. Was definitely a good night for the program.

The defense... while they have up only 18, it could easily have been 30+ (two missed field goals and some bad red zone execution by Washington). It felt like Washington could of (and maybe should have) run the ball 90% of the time. I'm not sure what happened to the stout defense but our DL and LBs need to be better. I'm also worked about our inability to get pressure. I felt like harysmiak was always good at dialing up pressure but it rarely got to the target last night.

All that said, the discipline of this team needs to be commended. The great Chris Ash used to say "games aren't won, they are lost". I think he's generally wrong about that, but Washington lost that game through lack of discipline, bad execution, and stupid play calling.

Overall a good win and keeps the season moving in the right direction. Into Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.