Prediction: 4-2 (10-10 Conference)
@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?
Does a 10-10 conference record for Rutgers place them in the NCAA Bubble discussion?

My Final 6-game prediction for Rutgers.

@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?
Does a 10-10 conference record for Rutgers place them in the NCAA Bubble discussion?
No because there will be other B1G Ten teams with at least 11 league wins.

@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?

Don’t see the NCAAs happening. NIT for sure they would be in, not NCAAs though. Win the Purdue game, plus the four wins you listed and they would legit have a shot at the tourney, probably as one of the last teams in/first teams out groupings.

I just can’t get over that Penn State game man. 4-2 probably gets us in

Reactions: SBP
Home wins road losses
It’s hard to predict otherwise.
We have 3 home games against 3 of the bottom 4 in the conference.
We have 3 road games against 3 of the top 6 teams in the conference (the only ncaa teams).
I think we go 3-4 with 4-3 an outside possibility.
We need 5-1 to have a chance at ncaa.

However, curious what @bac2therac
says is the number of wins needed to definitely or likely make the NIT? My guess is going 3-3 in regular season, then 1-1 in tourney puts us squarely on the NIT bubble at 18-15. I imagine we need 19 wins to definitely make the NIT.

The last 10 game record and Williams new team dynamic will play heavily with committee. From Kenyon Martins Cincy team and on, the committee has cared about how teams are NOW. Gott a get at least one and maybe two in the B10 tourney

knowing little about the tournament selection ….. I think if we win some games and lose some games but win more than we lose, we are a much better team with Williams. So that has to count for something unless it counts for nothing then it doesn’t matter. But if you look at last years team. we won games with mag but then lost a lot of games without mag and they pretty much said, ya that’s nice have fun in the a NIT. Soooo nobody knows. Also I’m trying to write as much as I can with out saying much at all.

If Rutgers finishes 18-13 (10-10), would 2 wins in the Big Ten Tournament get us in as an NCAA last four in?
That would be a 10-4 record to finish the season 20-14 (12-11).
My takeaway from last year is that conference tournament results matter very little for the selection committee. Everyone said ‘just beat Michigan and you’re in for sure’ last year.

If Rutgers finishes 18-13 (10-10), would 2 wins in the Big Ten Tournament get us in as an NCAA last four in?
That would be a 10-4 record to finish the season 20-14 (12-11).
Based on the last few years, the committee doesn’t take the conference tournaments into account. Unless there is bid stolen

Reactions: bac2therac

@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?
@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Loss. Like Penn State, we seem to play Maryland better on the road.
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Loss
Ohio State - Win

2-4, 8-12 Conference

My takeaway from last year is that conference tournament results matter very little for the selection committee. Everyone said ‘just beat Michigan and you’re in for sure’ last year.
True, but how far out would we have been had we lost to Michigan?

@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?
Purdue- L
Twerps-L
Mish-W
Neb-L
Wisky-L
OSU-W

The last 10 game record and Williams new team dynamic will play heavily with committee. From Kenyon Martins Cincy team and on, the committee has cared about how teams are NOW. Gott a get at least one and maybe two in the B10 tourney
Let's hope so. Nobody knows but everyone thinks they know how the selections are made. Penn St was 18-12 and 10-10 last year and got in. We were 10-10 in 2021 and got in. The season didn't have much OOC but we beat Cuse and nobody else. The committee did say we finished weak and were not the same without Mag. Maybe they say the opposite if we finish strong.

Does the committee consider that we played all 3 ranked teams in the BIG twice? Nebby and Minny only will have played those teams 4 times vs our 6. Do these things get weighed out? I have no clue.

However, curious what @bac2therac
says is the number of wins needed to definitely or likely make the NIT? My guess is going 3-3 in regular season, then 1-1 in tourney puts us squarely on the NIT bubble at 18-15. I imagine we need 19 wins to definitely make the NIT.
I think 18-15 get us is more than 50% chance.....18-13 regular season is a lock. However its looking like Iowa, Ohio State (not sure if they accept), Minny, Maryland have the inside track as top 2 from the Big 10...will the NIT take as many as 5-6 Big 10 schools.

@ Purdue - Loss
Maryland - Win
Michigan - Win
@ Nebraska - Loss
@ Wisconsin - Win
Ohio State - Win

What is your prediction?
10-10 puts RU in the discussion if it wins all three of its remaining road games. In fact, I'm willing to bet RU gets in if that happens.

Let's hope so. Nobody knows but everyone thinks they know how the selections are made. Penn St was 18-12 and 10-10 last year and got in. We were 10-10 in 2021 and got in. The season didn't have much OOC but we beat Cuse and nobody else. The committee did say we finished weak and were not the same without Mag. Maybe they say the opposite if we finish strong.

Does the committee consider that we played all 3 ranked teams in the BIG twice? Nebby and Minny only will have played those teams 4 times vs our 6. Do these things get weighed out? I have no clue.
Penn St actually finished 19-12 (10-10) last year. They had a strong tournament winning three straight and losing by 2 to Purdue in the championship game. Definitely think their showing in the tournament pushed them off the bubble and got them in.

3-3.

Lose at Purdue in a close one, Nebraska beats us handily. Beat Wisconsin

Beat Slappy and "road games aren't fair" Kevin Willard, lose to Ohio State who decide to wake up at end of season

• Haha
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I can see us at 10-10 or 9-11. And regardless of how many wins we get in the B1G tourney, unless we win it all, we make it into the NIT, which, for the way we started, is not too bad.

In the discussion for sure but ultimately 18-13 isnt enough
We would then be at the mercy of

1. Bubble
2. How the NCAA treats additiin of JWill

Which leads me to an interesting question…..if you are Pike is there anything going on in your brain that says if game is at hand do we try and stuff stats for JWill. Initially id be no, the NCAA isnt stupud, but……

I’ve said the same. Really question why even having them. Risk of injury and wearing team down for the Big Dance.
I think B1G especially nutty being the last tourney done. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that B1G has gone 23 years without winning a Natty.
Then last year it was beat Michigan and you’re in and they move the goal posts.
Why play? Rhetorical question, I know there’s money to be made but really question the value.
Ivy League had it right for years. Really should be regular season champion.

3-3
9-11
17-14

A good turnaround relative to how bleak things were looking prior to the 4 game streak.
This is what I see, although I won't be surprised if we lose one of the home games but win one of the road games. In fact, I wouldn't be at all shocked if we beat Purdue on Thursday and then lost to Maryland on Sunday.

I'm one of those people that likes the NIT as opposed to staying home. I'm hoping that the NIT's selections will be influenced by money. I think they will see RU as a place where they can sell 6,000 tickets to a first round game and more if they advance. But if we're 16-16 at the conclusion of the Big 10 Tournament, our season will be over.

I’ve said the same. Really question why even having them. Risk of injury and wearing team down for the Big Dance.
I think B1G especially nutty being the last tourney done. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that B1G has gone 23 years without winning a Natty.
Then last year it was beat Michigan and you’re in and they move the goal posts.
Why play? Rhetorical question, I know there’s money to be made but really question the value.
Ivy League had it right for years. Really should be regular season champion.
doesn't seem to affect other conferences.. The UConn team with Kemba Walker won the NCAA Tournament after playing five games in five days in the Big East tournament

doesn't seem to affect other conferences.. The UConn team with Kemba Walker won the NCAA Tournament after playing five games in five days in the Big East tournament
That team also shoulda coulda woulda lost in their opening game if I’m remembering correctly. They were “lucky” to survive that one.

That team also shoulda coulda woulda lost in their opening game if I’m remembering correctly. They were “lucky” to survive that one.
I think history has proven that for the most part, it's a good idea to bow out of your conference tournament early if you're going to be a top 4 NCAA seed regardless.

Funny you should mention Walker and the run UConn went on. They were .500 in their league that regular season.

Reactions: knight82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT