ADVERTISEMENT

My Rutgers-Iowa Preview

Great podcast rutgersal you touched on what Rutgers needs to look out for and what the team needs to do. We need to be the team who makes the B1G play when it counts.YET… needs to arrive in Iowa this Saturday.GO RUTGERS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rutgersal
15-10 RU? You are not the Al I have become accustomed to, who are you and what have you done with the real Al? 😂. Awesome segment, guess I'll actually jump back on IG and give you a follow. You touched on pretty much everything. The offense just needs to avoid turnovers, chew clock, put some points up and let our defense do their thing. I'm going with 20-10 RU. You have a YouTube channel?

15-10 RU? You are not the Al I have become accustomed to, who are you and what have you done with the real Al? 😂. Awesome segment, guess I'll actually jump back on IG and give you a follow. You touched on pretty much everything. The offense just needs to avoid turnovers, chew clock, put some points up and let our defense do their thing. I'm going with 20-10 RU. You have a YouTube channel?
Thx for your comments. Have YouTube, but don’t use it. Only instagram for now.

Reactions: rumarine
Al, any way to adjust the volume of the clips to match your segments? Also, why are you wearing the headphones? I was hoping the production quality would go up as the season has gone on (ex. intros clips and end with the RU fight song).

• Haha
Reactions: eddynyse
Al, any way to adjust the volume of the clips to match your segments? Also, why are you wearing the headphones? I was hoping the production quality would go up as the season has gone on (ex. intros clips and end with the RU fight song).
Someone suggested Bluetooth headphones because they felt the sound was all over the place. Hence this is why I used them. I’ll see what I can do with adjusting the volume of the clips to match the segments, intros clips and ending with the RU fight song.

Reactions: Section124
Limit the forward pass to none or little we win 15-10 I like that score

Penn State's "white out" crowd was a huge factor and Iowa played poorly in every phase of the game, which is uncharacteristic mostly for Kirk Ferentz teams, since 2015.

Iowa has won 15 of last 16 in November did I read lately 🤔

Since 2019, Iowa is #3 in wins behind Michigan and Ohio State, but the past three seasons have lead to OC Brian Ferentz's demise, though his dad is a factor, as well. This is the 25th edition of Kirk Ferentz football at Iowa.

In last year's 27-10 win at Rutgers, Iowa scored 14 points off turnovers, so will the Hawkeyes force turnovers 🤔 Keys to game 🔑

Iowa Pick-6s will be a factor to watch. Junior CB Cooper DeJean is an outstanding playmaker, wears #3, and he played offense for first time in Iowa's 10-7 win in Wrigley Field against Northwestern.

Former Rivals, now On3sports @TomKakert of Hawkeye Report has Iowa 13-10, as well. Iowa is 3-0 against Rutgers, since both teams become conference mates.

Special teams and field position will be huge today at Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa didn't give up an offensive TD score against Michigan State. One Iowa concern has been QB Deacon Hill's inability at times to avoid turnovers. Last week, his fumble ended a drive. Another interception, ended a scoring drive, by touchback.

Keys to game, can Iowa's defense continue to keep opponents out of the end-zone❓️

Penn State didn't have explosive offensive plays against Iowa's defense. The next week in Evanston, the Nittany Lions were not clicking outside Happy Valley.

Talk about a tale of two sports. Iowa DC/DB coach Phil Parker has been on Kirk Ferentz's staff for 25 seasons. Both Parker and Ferentz, while in NFL, have ties to Nick Saban in their careers.

Honestly, this is an intriguing match up. Yes, hard to expect another shutout, like the lone 2019 game in Kinnick Stadium when Rutgers meets Iowa.

Could this be the Hawkeyes RB that steps up against Rutgers❓️

Iowa has 3 top RBs, but six have played this season and contributed in scoring.

Explosive plays in any phase of the game could be huge this afternoon in Kinnick Stadium.

Does Iowa finally have their breakout game of the 2023 season or does Rutgers have their first 🔑 win over a winning Big Ten program, since 2014 🤔

Iowa won their first trophy game of the season in Ames back in September. As the road to Indianapolis continues into November for the top team in the West, since 2020, but reaching the mark hasn't always been obtained.

Reactions: rutgersal
Fieldhouse Al….how do we get 15 ? With a safety ? Or do we go for 2 even though the score wouldn’t justify ?

Penn State's "white out" crowd was a huge factor and Iowa played poorly in every phase of the game, which is uncharacteristic mostly for Kirk Ferentz teams, since 2015.

Iowa has won 15 of last 16 in November did I read lately 🤔

Since 2019, Iowa is #3 in wins behind Michigan and Ohio State, but the past three seasons have lead to OC Brian Ferentz's demise, though his dad is a factor, as well. This is the 25th edition of Kirk Ferentz football at Iowa.

In last year's 27-10 win at Rutgers, Iowa scored 14 points off turnovers, so will the Hawkeyes force turnovers 🤔 Keys to game 🔑

Iowa Pick-6s will be a factor to watch. Junior CB Cooper DeJean is an outstanding playmaker, wears #3, and he played offense for first time in Iowa's 10-7 win in Wrigley Field against Northwestern.

Former Rivals, now On3sports @TomKakert of Hawkeye Report has Iowa 13-10, as well. Iowa is 3-0 against Rutgers, since both teams become conference mates.

Special teams and field position will be huge today at Kinnick Stadium.

Iowa didn't give up an offensive TD score against Michigan State. One Iowa concern has been QB Deacon Hill's inability at times to avoid turnovers. Last week, his fumble ended a drive. Another interception, ended a scoring drive, by touchback.

Keys to game, can Iowa's defense continue to keep opponents out of the end-zone❓️

Penn State didn't have explosive offensive plays against Iowa's defense. The next week in Evanston, the Nittany Lions were not clicking outside Happy Valley.

Talk about a tale of two sports. Iowa DC/DB coach Phil Parker has been on Kirk Ferentz's staff for 25 seasons. Both Parker and Ferentz, while in NFL, have ties to Nick Saban in their careers.

Honestly, this is an intriguing match up. Yes, hard to expect another shutout, like the lone 2019 game in Kinnick Stadium when Rutgers meets Iowa.

Could this be the Hawkeyes RB that steps up against Rutgers❓️

Iowa has 3 top RBs, but six have played this season and contributed in scoring.

Explosive plays in any phase of the game could be huge this afternoon in Kinnick Stadium.

Does Iowa finally have their breakout game of the 2023 season or does Rutgers have their first 🔑 win over a winning Big Ten program, since 2014 🤔

Iowa won their first trophy game of the season in Ames back in September. As the road to Indianapolis continues into November for the top team in the West, since 2020, but reaching the mark hasn't always been obtained.

Wow. This is a lot of info. Thx for stopping by

The pick 6s seem to happen when the play is designed for a certain player and Gavin is determined to get the play off. Like the screen against Michigan or the pass to monangai last week. It's ok to kill the play gav, live to fight another down..

The pick 6s seem to happen when the play is designed for a certain player and Gavin is determined to get the play off. Like the screen against Michigan or the pass to monangai last week. It's ok to kill the play gav, live to fight another down..
Keep in mind that the first one against UM was the WRs fault more than Gavin's, as he didn't even put his hands out, waiting for the ball to come to him despite being closely covered, which allowed their DB to reach in and wrest the ball away, the 2nd was all on Gavin at WI, and the 3rd was certainly a poor pass by GW, but it was extraordinarily unlucky to be a pick-6, as KM deflected the ball downward, which 99% of the time falls harmlessly to the ground, but on this play the ball hit the DB and bounced up perfectly to Hancock for the pick six. I think Gavin has been doing great throwing balls away, for the most part.

Kyle and Langan are injured

QUESTIONABLE to play today

SMFH
Amazing how we don’t hear anything all week? I remember vaguely Kyle getting dinged ( ankle maybe) last week . Langan also with a head injury against Ohio State but can’t remember the actual play.our RB depth now is showcased🙏👏😜

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT