ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Myles Martin Comes Home, joins Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club

Lex Knapp

All Conference
Staff
Mar 27, 2018
After a historic weekend, Rutgers wrestling has not wasted anytime building off their big NCAA tournament. Myles Martin, a former four-time All-American for the Ohio State Buckeyes, has come home to join the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club.

For more, click the link below for TKR's story on Myles Martin joining the SKWC!

This is true!!
There is more good news to add to Rutgers University Wrestling team achieving three All-Americans in the same year for the first time. The Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club (SKWC) is pleased to announce that Myles Martin is coming home to become an SKWC Resident Athlete starting in June 2021. Myles recently took a bronze medal at the prestigious Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series tournament in Italy on March 7 and will compete at 86 kilograms (190 pounds) at the U.S. Olympic Trials in April.

Born and raised in Penns Grove, New Jersey, Myles was a stand-out high school prep athlete in Maryland. After a stellar 171-15 high school record, Myles enrolled at Ohio State University in 2015 as the No. 1 recruit in his weight class and the No. 3 overall nationally ranked recruit. At OSU, Myles achieved a number of career honors including winning the 2016 NCAA Championship at 174 pounds as a true freshman. Myles had an outstanding collegiate career starting at 174 pounds, then moving to 184 pounds. His honors include being a 2x NCAA Finalist, a 4x All-American, and a UWW University Nationals Champion. Myles has been wrestling freestyle at the senior level since 2017, competing at 86 kg (190 pounds). Some of his freestyle honors include the U.S. University National Champion, the U.S. U23 National Champion, and earning a spot on the U.S. U23 World Team. In January 2020, Myles won his first Gold medal in an international tournament at the Grand Prix of France. In March 2021 Myles claimed a bronze medal at the prestigious Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series tournament. Myles is currently in training for the U.S. Olympics Trials in April and is focused on achieving his dream to represent the USA at the upcoming Summer Olympic Games.

Rutgers University Wrestling Coach Scott Goodale stated “Myles has competed at the highest levels for over a decade and is now a world class competitor who will make the SKWC’s internationally accomplished resident athlete lineup even stronger.”

SKWC Co-Presidents Tom Perrotti and Josh Gross added, “The SKWC is undergoing a period of amazing growth and transformation. We look forward to having Myles Martin come home to New Jersey to join our competing Resident Athlete program. Myles is an outstanding person, both on and off the mat. We see him as a key part of the SKWC future for years to come.”

SKWC - The mission of the SKWC is to support Rutgers University’s wrestling program and enhance the ability of fans to experience an elite level of wrestling and entertainment. Support us at https://scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/donate-to-skwc

Welcome home, Myles! Happy to have you as part of the RU Wrestling & SKWC Family!

Myles will be a fabulous addition to the wrestling room and the upper weights. Let’s gooooooo! Detroit starts today SHARP AXE

Go RU!
Diane
How long as this been a done deal? Did the SKWC delay an announcement to allow this past week to be about the national qualifiers? Good on them if so.

@njsportsphan: no other resident athlete changes as of this email...lots of work to do for upcoming summer and season. SKWC ambitions and expectations rising in parallel to team expectations & dreams.

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
One of my all time favorite matches was when Myles beat Bo in the NCAA finals. One of my most disappointing was when he lost to Dean in Pittsburgh. Great addition best of luck Myles!

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
I’m kind of surprised to see there’s not a lot of SKWC apparel available online. I think all of us here would buy multiple shirts. Could probably make $10+ profit per shirt if gone through the right distributer.

I’m kind of surprised to see there’s not a lot of SKWC apparel available online. I think all of us here would buy multiple shirts. Could probably make $10+ profit per shirt if gone through the right distributer.
It seems like they are only available once in a while via pop up shops and not much is available at any given moment.

Last edited:
you are correct. this is an item we will be addressing this summer. In advance of season and holidays, we will get this in order.

you are correct. this is an item we will be addressing this summer. In advance of season and holidays, we will get this in order.
As soon as my wife see's this, she will buy two of everything. She always asks me as if I have some sort of power over this, "why can't we ever find Rutgers wrestling stuff?" All we have is the free shirts from the SKWC after our donations.

As soon as my wife see's this, she will buy two of everything. She always asks me as if I have some sort of power over this, "why can't we ever find Rutgers wrestling stuff?" All we have is the free shirts from the SKWC after our donations.
It is tough to find decent Rutgers Wrestling shirts, sweatshirt, etc. Every so ofter I search the internet and come up pretty much empty. Its a shame as other programs have plenty out there.

Awesome. One of my huge gripes with the way most schools sell merch is that everything besides football is pretty generic. Usually a template tshirt that you can customize with the word baseball or wrestling or soccer or whatever underneath. Would be cool to see some unique designs. Looking forward to buying a few.

Reactions: MS-RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT