ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska down 14-0 to a MAC team

They don't look good at all but Northern Illinois looks like they have a pretty good defense.

Finished with a worse record last year than Eastern Michigan. Interesting....
Means nothing. Lots of people objected to rhe previews voting Rutgers at the bottom of the B1G this year based on last year's results, remember? NIU will be better than EMU this year.

Means nothing. Lots of people objected to rhe previews voting Rutgers at the bottom of the B1G this year based on last year's results, remember? NIU will be better than EMU this year.
The MAC might be fun to watch this year. I might be watching a good amount of MACtion.

Reactions: IL Lusciato

I see your point, but I would not say that it means nothing. I think it demonstrates that we might be able to hang in there with Nebraska this year. Unless you think Northern Illinois is vastly superior to EMU, I think its a valid conclusion to make.

2 pick sixes for Northern Illinois late in first quarter.
So Nebraska will figure something out and won't throw those against us. They made good plays on the ball because everything was in front of them. We just don't play that way. Hope to rely on fumbles instead.
Funny how it seems like we should have a chance against a big name school and yet we don't appear to have any at all.

Northern Illinois just went up 21-17 with 8:52 in the 4th. Their RB just bullied the NU defense.

Riley was a very curious hire and he's not doing it on the field or recruiting-wise up to the standards they are used to out there. Nebraska is becoming a very average program.

When are you people going to stop believing the transitive property applies to sports? You'd go broke betting that way ...

That being said, watching Nebraska's QB give up two pick-sixes doesn't bode well for them. Or their fan base. Without them, they escape a scare.

And as an aside, although NIU is not on a high right now, they have some tradition -- a major bowl, something we haven't done -- and were not looking for their first win against a P5 team.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Jerry Kill coached at Northern Illinois before Minnesota. Maybe he makes a phone call or two to DeKalb.

Their backup is Patrick O'Brien, a red shirt frosh who was 2016's #7 pro style qb prospect. Hasn't played a down, which is a headscratcher to me. Elite 11 finalist along with Russo. Legit 4* talent, over 2,800 yds and 32 Td's with a completion ratio over 70% in HS.

Niu is solid

Nu will have new coach next year
That's the narrative isn't it? NIU is a good team. 5-7 last year and went to OT with EMU, who went to a bowl last year. Did not beat a team with a regular season winning record. Lost to FCS Western Illinois.

Got blown out by a crappy Boston College and by Notre Dame today.

Meanwhile, our fans harp on how we were the first P5 team EMU beat. Maybe EMU will be good this year. NIU is a crappy team. Likely even better than NIU. So we all know what that means. Nothing. Every game is a new day.

That's the narrative isn't it? NIU is a good team. 5-7 last year and went to OT with EMU, who went to a bowl last year. Did not beat a team with a regular season winning record. Lost to FCS Western Illinois.

Got blown out by a crappy Boston College and by Notre Dame today.

Meanwhile, our fans harp on how we were the first P5 team EMU beat. Maybe EMU will be good this year. NIU is a crappy team. Likely even better than NIU. So we all know what that means. Nothing. Every game is a new day.
Every game is a new day. i care little about ladt year but know what i see on the field i watched the nu game, niu was their better, faster, hungrier, every bit as athletic and WELL COACHED

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT