ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting New 2019 Hoops offer

Sounds like a guy looking for a finders fee lol. Why would someone need to contact the coach he just decommitted from?
My guess is that the kid's HS Coach is one of those coaches who doesn't feel that it is part of his job to help his players get scholarships.

I'm sure you read that and thought "WTF" but I know many HS Coaches, mainly public school coaches, that don't call, text or email college coaches about their kids. Don't send game video (unless requested by a college coach) of their kids. Basically, they do not lift a finger to help some of their kids get scholarships. Sadly the number of coaches that I know who fall into this category outnumber the fingers on my hands.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Athletic but a little concerned about competition level and the fact that Nebraska hasn't offered.
I checked with a source in Nebraska and he told me that there was interest from the Cornhuskers, "just nothing serious because it looked like there was no way the he'd qualify." Miles went watched him and kept tabs on him. Hoiberg had to move quickly and put together a roster so he was not in a position to save a spot for a kid that looked like he'd be a non-qualifer.

My source also said this: "He’s a really good athlete. Raw but a D1 was player for sure."

Reactions: rucoe89 and Scangg
The JUCO coach played 10 guys and always seemed to want to get all of his players into a D-1 program. I think he is just doing what he thinks is the right think to do. It appears as if he just wants to help all of his players even though he will never get to actually coach Lok. This to me is very admirable.

Hopefully the kid wants to travel the world and gets excited about the trips to Spain and Toronto and the prospect of going to school near NYC

Reactions: RUHouston
Why wouldn't they just reach out to the kid directly?
Because the JuCo coach can provide some info about the kid other than just his abilities on the basketball court. Also, and let's not lose sight of this, the JuCo coach can also bring up some of his players in the 2020 class as well as do some networking for a future job.

Reactions: Scangg and dkostus
Virgina Tech, Oregon St Louis and Texas A&M apparently have all offered in last 2 hours...(1:30 ET)

What are 2 of 4 teams actively working to become worse by hosting Omoruyi?

I’ll take basketball post season droughts for $300 Alex.

What are 2 of 4 teams actively working to become worse by hosting Omoruyi?

I’ll take basketball post season droughts for $300 Alex.

Every roster needs a grinder to do the dirty work....if he sits a year and gets in the gym, gets healthy and becomes a willing shooter from perimeter, he's a contributing player....just not your go to option on a rebuild with better players and upside.

Thiam came on campus at 6 9 and 170. He left at 6 9 and 180.

Does the same thing happen to Wur?

My guess is that the kid's HS Coach is one of those coaches who doesn't feel that it is part of his job to help his players get scholarships.

I'm sure you read that and thought "WTF" but I know many HS Coaches, mainly public school coaches, that don't call, text or email college coaches about their kids. Don't send game video (unless requested by a college coach) of their kids. Basically, they do not lift a finger to help some of their kids get scholarships. Sadly the number of coaches that I know who fall into this category outnumber the fingers on my hands.
I think there is probably some resentment of SOME HS coaches toward AAU coaches who perceive themselves as the kings off the high school world and recruiting offers.

Last edited:
Maybe his juco coach just cares about helping kids chase their dreams. Good for him.
Could be, and good for him if he is, but most of these guys care most about making connections so they can get a big time job.

I think there is probably a some resentment of SOME HS coaches toward AAU coaches who perceive themselves as the kings off the high school world and recruiting offers.
The resentment of some high school coaches towards some AAU coaches has always amused me. Almost every AAU Coach I've ever met IS a high school Coach.

To the best of my knowledge, Wur played for an independent travel team and not on one of the three shoe circuits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT