ADVERTISEMENT

New Aussie Punter commits to RU

5fbdv8.jpg

Based on what I saw in the spring game we could use a good punter. Is this guy coming this year of next?.

Reactions: RUShea

Breaking! Rutgers football set to add Australian punter Jakob Anderson​

Former Australian Rules Football defender Jakob Anderson is set to transition to college football and the Big Ten. On Monday, Rutgers football announced that Anderson is set to join the program.

He will be enrolling at Rutgers shortly and available to join the program for fall training camp. The 20-year old most recently played Aussie Rules for Sandringham Dragons.

Reactions: Knight Shift
After the success RU had with Korsack, I'm surprised every college team isn't going into that program for a punter. I'm sure Schiano has a great relationship with them so they won't steer him wrong.

Watching the punters on Saturday really highlighted our immediate need at that spot. We have been spoiled in the punting game.

Reactions: RUShea
Third and long package that needs to be installed is having two QB’s and a punter on the field at the same time. Could get a first down or better yet could get a 65 yard punt inside the 10!🤔

Breaking! Rutgers football set to add Australian punter Jakob Anderson​

Former Australian Rules Football defender Jakob Anderson is set to transition to college football and the Big Ten. On Monday, Rutgers football announced that Anderson is set to join the program.

He will be enrolling at Rutgers shortly and available to join the program for fall training camp. The 20-year old most recently played Aussie Rules for Sandringham Dragons.
I think they mean summer training camp the fall is when we play the games

Jakob Anderson committed to RU. Kind of surprised that no one (that I saw) posted about this before. If I'm correct we didn't have a punter and it showed a little on Saturday as the young man who handled the duties did not appear to be very good.
We've shown in the past what a weapon a good punter is for the team. Hopefully he can live up to RU Aussie punters good reputation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT