ADVERTISEMENT

Football New Depth Chart versus Illinois

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
EmeJgzgWMAAscUE

Pierce at LT is one that jumped out to me.

Certain guys are not on there but they are used in certain situations.
Me too. Late added walk-on at 380 lbs figured he'd at least need time to get in the right shape. Plus at tackle not guard. Wonder how athletic he is. Intrigued.

Reactions: redking and patk89
Seems like Dwumfour is hurt every game. Since he is such a presence at his position, I worry every time I see him on the ground that this is it.

Reactions: schemingup23
Me too. Late added walk-on at 380 lbs figured he'd at least need time to get in the right shape. Plus at tackle not guard. Wonder how athletic he is. Intrigued.

He's now listed at 354 so maybe is IS in better shape.

Is Barrow playing a decent number of snaps? I know he's injury-prone so it's probably a good plan to not have him out there too much.

Is Barrow playing a decent number of snaps? I know he's injury-prone so it's probably a good plan to not have him out there too much.
Well he was in against OSU ... my B1Gest surprise was seeing true Frosh Hollin Pierce ( 6’8” 354lbs ) backing up Raiquon O’Neal ...That’s OSU, Wisky, Nebraska size... in fact seeing C.J.Hanson and Felter also nice. Schiano building those lines for the future. Great to see the WR core is now expanding as well.

Well he was in against OSU ... my B1Gest surprise was seeing true Frosh Hollin Pierce ( 6’8” 354lbs ) backing up Raiquon O’Neal ...That’s OSU, Wisky, Nebraska size... in fact seeing C.J.Hanson and Felter also nice. Schiano building those lines for the future. Great to see the WR core is now expanding as well.
Yeh I've seen Barrow on the field in all 3 games so far but didn't notice if he was getting significant playing time.

He played basketball and also had a pg year. Kid is an athlete.

I watched film of Hollins several weeks ago and the kid can move well ...has quick feet and a great deal of potential. It is amazing we were able to get a walk on who now is # 2 on the depth chart. Aurich and Butler will make him over ... it appears the makeover has already begun. Nice size developing on the O line as well as blocking skills.

Reactions: satnom and gef21
Any feedback on the the King kid from Camden? Came in as a highly touted WR and played in the Army All American game.

And he’s down to 354, so he’s working hard. Maybe play at 6-8, 340? Reminds me a little of the work Fladell put in to make himself a starter and a mountain on the line.
This kid is a better athlete than Mike Fladell . Fladell was a big guy 6’6”-6’7” maybe 370 lbs when he enrolled at RU .Pierce is going to be eventually 330-340 just like the pachyderms our conference playmates have had for years. Wisconsin,Nebraska, OSU, Michigan ,PSU etc.

This kid is a better athlete than Mike Fladell . Fladell was a big guy 6’6”-6’7” maybe 370 lbs when he enrolled at RU .Pierce is going to be eventually 330-340 just like the pachyderms our conference playmates have had for years. Wisconsin,Nebraska, OSU, Michigan ,PSU etc.
Either way, real exciting stuff for our future. It’s fun following RU Football again.

Thanks gef. So I guess the question for me is why no offers (including us). I can see a scatback falling through the cracks but this is a very large man at a critical position. We got lucky (or outworked the comp depending on perspective) with Cam Stephenson (I think he reclassified late). Wonder if a similar situation here?

The defense looks to take a real hit next Fall with all of those seniors.
That's academic year, not athletic year.
Example: Tverdov is a redshirt junior athletically not a senior.

Hollin is a huge surprise, didn't expect anything from him for a while. Bodes real well for his future, that a true freshman has elevated his play to be on the two deep. I know we don't have much talent but it usually takes 2 to 3 yrs. for a lineman to develop.

Thanks gef. So I guess the question for me is why no offers (including us). I can see a scatback falling through the cracks but this is a very large man at a critical position. We got lucky (or outworked the comp depending on perspective) with Cam Stephenson (I think he reclassified late). Wonder if a similar situation here?

His body was not the shape it should be. Very raw in his skill set. But massive potential.

Seems like Dwumfour is hurt every game. Since he is such a presence at his position, I worry every time I see him on the ground that this is it.

That's true but he keeps getting up. Reminds of the line about Steve McNair and how tough he was. The line goes that one week after he dies he'll be listed as "doubtful" on the injury report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT