ADVERTISEMENT

New Michigan State uniform

Obviously MSU doesn’t mind...they don’t HAVE to accept uniform choices...uniforms are accepted by athletic departments...not shoved down their throats by athletic apparel companies. Maybe this is exactly what MSU wanted...they’re being talked about aren’t they?
Yes, but it still looks like crap. Have to think the pendulum will swing back to classic looks.

Obviously MSU doesn’t mind...they don’t HAVE to accept uniform choices...uniforms are accepted by athletic departments...not shoved down their throats by athletic apparel companies. Maybe this is exactly what MSU wanted...they’re being talked about aren’t they?

Good point. Maybe they got these because they rejected the first uniforms Nike proposed. Like the Nike version of spitting on your food. Seems like they decided to tap out and not go for uniform #3.

In a general sense, I agree. Georgia does their black out properly where only the jersey and pads and bands are black. They wear their red helmets and their silver pants with the black jersey.
They are Red and Black so it makes sense.

Yes, but it still looks like crap. Have to think the pendulum will swing back to classic looks.
We are still talking about them...in a RUTGERS forum...I frankly don’t get the drama about uniforms...we will never wear them...they are free to the school. While old men (38+) in sports forums may long for the days of 70s and 80s “classic” and “proper” athletic gear, 18yos don’t think this way...for all we know the MSU kids LOVE these and can’t wait to wear them...

We are still talking about them...in a RUTGERS forum...I frankly don’t get the drama about uniforms...we will never wear them...they are free to the school. While old men (38+) in sports forums may long for the days of 70s and 80s “classic” and “proper” athletic gear, 18yos don’t think this way...for all we know the MSU kids LOVE these and can’t wait to wear them...
This will probably be the only time we discuss them until we play them again and are blinded by them. I think you enjoy being the resident contrarian.

This will probably be the only time we discuss them until we play them again and are blinded by them. I think you enjoy being the resident contrarian.
Sorry to bring a little common sense into your day and not have MY opinion conform to YOURS sunshine![roll] Old dudes in sports forums are quite entertaining!

I am not afraid of color.. but, like our Block R.. the SPARTANS and MICHIGAN STATE typeface (and font which is a specific size and weight of a typeface) was as close to perfect as there is..

81U087-k6lL._UL1500_.jpg

MISTP-42301GR23__78700.1539454286.1280.1280.jpg

EBOVzZTXkAImgMJ.jpg

Yes, but don’t love the number font.
I think the basketball jersey numbers are better.. football could benefit from an outline.. even the new ones.. but that STATE is way too wide/large.. the S and E will get crunched up by players wearing them tighter and it will read "iTATI"

Sorry to bring a little common sense into your day and not have MY opinion conform to YOURS sunshine![roll] Old dudes in sports forums are quite entertaining!
A little over the top with that? It seems like you're the one who can't handle a little difference of opinion. You seem to be more bent about this than most. Everyone else is like, "they're ugly" and that's it. You're the one trying to turn it into an old vs. young referendum.

A little over the top with that? It seems like you're the one who can't handle a little difference of opinion. You seem to be more bent about this than most. Everyone else is like, "they're ugly" and that's it. You're the one trying to turn it into an old vs. young referendum.
I don’t think it’s an old vs. young thing.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.:Wink:

I think the basketball jersey numbers are better.. football could benefit from an outline.. even the new ones.. but that STATE is way too wide/large.. the S and E will get crunched up by players wearing them tighter and it will read "iTATI"
I like an outline too.

But would also prefer a more traditional athletic block font than this one.

At least at the end of the year I can say our uniforms didn't suck as bad as Sparty's. So the season has that going for it.

Reactions: RUPete
At least at the end of the year I can say our uniforms didn't suck as bad as Sparty's. So the season has that going for it.
I am just praying that Syracuse has a 150th throwback that bring back the original school colors.. iirc, Rose Pink and Pea Green.. and I don't think we know what, if any, Rutgers will do for a throwback uni.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT