ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting New Rivals 100 Hoops Rankings released

He would definitely play more minutes than Carter if he chose RU. Johnson could rest a little more and Cliff could play about 20 minutes a game. We wouldn't need to worry as much about either one getting too many fouls. Hopefully Cliff could learn a lot from Myles about our Engineering program if he is really serious about majoring in engineering.

Serious question: If Cliff comes to RU will it be because;
  1. He turned down $ from the other schools?
  2. RU paid him, at least something?
  3. He turned down $ to come to RU?

I look at Cockburn with Illinois and it really seems like he made a great choice. Getting tons of publicity, Illinois doing very well. Looks like a one and done but I'm sure their fans are loving that one year.

Cockburn is very raw and not a leaper. If he goes Pro now or next year, his value is the same.

Cliff Omoyuri is not a 1 and done to me, he is very raw athletically in a basketball sense and very overall wiry/explosive.

There really isn't a true need for Cliff as a 1 and done from the program's perspective but it would be from a public relations standpoint, the best scenario that when he departs RU, he does so with a true ability to stick at the next level.

Cliff is also reportedly not a good FT shooter at this stage, so from the vantage points of fans believing you can play them together for extended periods of time....?? Not going to happen for a schematic reason and other reasons.

Cliff is truly a luxury item right now that is an upgrade over Shaq Carter on both ends (especially defensively). But he is not necessarily going to drastically impact the roster from where it is today. The roster has improved so rapidly this season that he doesn't become a must have player.

Landing Cliff would however send shockwaves throughout the region and be the cherry on top of a magical season so far this year and cement RU for his time here as a Top 5 team in the B1G standings. That would also likely mean being in the Top 25 most of next year, but I believe with the steps forward this year, that jump is going to happen either way (with Cliff or Shema Osborn, the JUCO big as Plan 1A).

Serious question: If Cliff comes to RU will it be because;
  1. He turned down $ from the other schools?
  2. RU paid him, at least something?
  3. He turned down $ to come to RU?

He will come because Rutgers was the best place for him. No need to worry about the other stuff.

The roster has improved so rapidly this season that he doesn't become a must have player.

Agree 100%. If MJ continues to progress as he is trending, CO in not a necessity and wont see many minutes. In a perfect world, CO comes here and plays 13-15 minutes in 20/21 as a back up to MJ who has spent the summer working on his offensive game and FT shooting.

Given the choice, I think a talented 3 point shooter would be more valuable for next year.

It today’s day and age, Myles and Cliff will not be on the floor at the same time. Simple as that.
If Cliff has a mid-range shot(no clue if he does) then I think Cliff can play the 4 and guard Mamukelashvili and Bezhanishvili. Not sure he can guard the perimeter but he seems very athletic so I think it’s possible we could see him at the 4 in certain games.

If Cliff has a mid-range shot(no clue if he does) then I think Cliff can play the 4 and guard Mamukelashvili and Bezhanishvili. Not sure he can guard the perimeter but he seems very athletic so I think it’s possible we could see him at the 4 in certain games.

I agree. I will that if Cliff can shoot mid range and 3 pointers plus 90% free throws and guard 1 through 5, I would be in favor of him coming to RU.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. If MJ continues to progress as he is trending, CO in not a necessity and wont see many minutes. In a perfect world, CO comes here and plays 13-15 minutes in 20/21 as a back up to MJ who has spent the summer working on his offensive game and FT shooting.

Given the choice, I think a talented 3 point shooter would be more valuable for next year.
What? We have a chance to land a national recruit at a position we're very thin at. We need bigs, not 1 dimensional players.

As someone who has climbed the economic ladder, let me tell you guys something - money ain’t $hit

Life happens within you and the dollars only give a false sense of security.

The problem is that our whole society is based on a piece of paper and we can’t see an inch past our bank statement.
Good luck to Cliff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT