ADVERTISEMENT

NIL deals

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
There was a very interesting story in today's Axios AM about NIL deals. Over 100,000 college athletes have signed them, and have received an estimated $917 million in NIL payments in the year since they became available. The king is Rayquan Smith, a running back at Norfolk State, who reached out to a hundred companies and has signed at least seventy deals. The average transaction is for $1815, with football players averaging $3396; women's gymnasts lead with over $7000 per deal. The story mentions that the NCAA is kept up at night by NIL deals sponsored by booster and booster collectives. I got it by e-mail, and I cannot find a URL on the Axios site.

There was a very interesting story in today's Axios AM about NIL deals. Over 100,000 college athletes have signed them, and have received an estimated $917 million in NIL payments in the year since they became available. The king is Rayquan Smith, a running back at Norfolk State, who reached out to a hundred companies and has signed at least seventy deals. The average transaction is for $1815, with football players averaging $3396; women's gymnasts lead with over $7000 per deal. The story mentions that the NCAA is kept up at night by NIL deals sponsored by booster and booster collectives. I got it by e-mail, and I cannot find a URL on the Axios site.
There are some great articles on NIL floating around. Eye opening stuff. Primary reason we don’t have any 4 stars in this class yet.

There are some great articles on NIL floating around. Eye opening stuff. Primary reason we don’t have any 4 stars in this class yet.

Is that true? (I don't follow recruiting).
We don't have any 4 stars because alumni don't want to offer NIL deals?

Sucks for HC GS. He can't be happy with the fanbase then.

So are we capped out then at recruiting?
Nothing HC GS can do?

Reactions: scripts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT