ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Friendly (MBB)

darkcheck

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2022
Looking to have an honest discussion. Not have the pessimists insult the optimistic board members. Not have the optimists trash the pessimistic fans. To me there are a few different Rutgers fans on here, there’s ones that are very optimistic but also in the know. There are ones who are blindly optimistic. There are ones who want Rutgers to succeed but that are very pessimistic and anxious about every development. I guess there are fans who want to world to burn and just like to pick fights, but thankfully I’ve seen only a couple if any of those here.

Anywho, when we signed Martini, Derdack and Acuff all sides spoke up. I personally was led to believe two of those would be role players and one may start. That still may be true. But I recall everyone stating the players pros and cons. Some of the cons were “worst conf, sub 30% Trey shooter”. “Fourth leading scorer for an Ivy that didn’t make the ncaas”. “Low to mid major scorer who doesn’t necessarily shoot the three”. They were countered with pros, “deep run ncaa experience”, “conf defensive and player of the year”, “top ten scorer nationally”. But the one thing I heard about all of them was they were NIL friendly.

So, I ask everyone here, in a civil fashion, NIL friendly for what?

I, and others, had thought that meant we were saving money to land a good (not top tier) center. Some were as bold as to say our new portal center would be better than Cliff. Still others might have thought NIL friendly was good because we had next to no portal money altogether. I’m curious why did each of you think NIL friendly was a pro?

Thanks and go RU!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News