ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Update -- KTR announces NIL deal for every football, basketball player

This is obviously a pretty big deal and doesn't happen with all of your support.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...etball-player-will-sign-nil-deal-in-2023.html

This is just the beginning. We still have a week to go on the MIllion Dollar Match.

Please spread the word if you can.

https://knightsoftheraritan.com/join/

Thanks,

Jon
Jon, eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 501(c)(3). Please be sure to post. BTW, we sit across the aisle from you at football games. We will be sure to say hello next year.

Great news and huge development for RU athletics. Just another massive step forward for everyone involved at RU (KTR leaders, alumni supporters the AD and everyone else). Further proving RU is and can be as “big time” as any other school. And certainly a belonging member of the Big Ten as far as being ready to step up and support !

Reactions: bori_blanco
While good news for hoops and football…will be curious how this effects non revenue sports.

Will Olympics sport athletes and recruits feel like 2nd fiddle here and be less likely to commit when the last place football athletes are getting NIL deals while athletes in top 15 programs aren’t.

Just another hurdle to navigate in the NIL world.

While good news for hoops and football…will be curious how this effects non revenue sports.

Will Olympics sport athletes and recruits feel like 2nd fiddle here and be less likely to commit when the last place football athletes are getting NIL deals while athletes in top 15 programs aren’t.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing there are very few NIL deals nationwide for non-revenue athletes.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing there are very few NIL deals nationwide for non-revenue athletes.

Totally agree. But there’s also very few “all program” NIL deals like this one just announced.

Again, not trying to be critical, just something I’ve thought of. Why is Rutgers football which has been pretty bad getting rewarded while field hockey, soccer, wrestling, etc…all top 25 programs, aren’t.

Yes..football is revenue…but just doesn’t seem fair.

Maybe ask a question instead of assuming the worst case answer and then criticizing that incorrect answer. There already have been and will continue to be NIL deals with RU Olympic athletes, as @RUJON and others have posted. They had a few of them at the KTR events. Now, I'd guess they're not as lucrative as deals for top to even mid-level football and hoops players, but they're not being ignored either.

https://rutgerswire.usatoday.com/20...l-with-new-brunswick-development-corporation/

Maybe ask a question instead of assuming the worst case answer and then criticizing that incorrect answer. There already have been and will continue to be NIL deals with RU Olympic athletes, as @RUJON and others have posted. They had a few of them at the KTR events. Now, I'd guess they're not as lucrative as deals for top to even mid-level football and hoops players, but they're not being ignored either.

https://rutgerswire.usatoday.com/20...l-with-new-brunswick-development-corporation/

I asked a question. 2nd paragraph.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Totally agree. But there’s also very few “all program” NIL deals like this one just announced.

Again, not trying to be critical, just something I’ve thought of. Why is Rutgers football which has been pretty bad getting rewarded while field hockey, soccer, wrestling, etc…all top 25 programs, aren’t.

You already know the answer to that.

I asked a question. 2nd paragraph.
Your "question" below, had a flawed assumption in it, negating its value completely. You had no idea that Olympic athletes are getting NIL deals, instead assuming they are not. A good question would have been to ask whether Olympic athletes are getting NIL deals.

"Will Olympics sport athletes and recruits feel like 2nd fiddle here and be less likely to commit when the last place football athletes are getting NIL deals while athletes in top 15 programs aren’t."

Your "question" below, had a flawed assumption in it, negating its value completely. You had no idea that Olympic athletes are getting NIL deals, instead assuming they are not. A good question would have been to ask whether Olympic athletes are getting NIL deals.

"Will Olympics sport athletes and recruits feel like 2nd fiddle here and be less likely to commit when the last place football athletes are getting NIL deals while athletes in top 15 programs aren’t."

I knew the answer to that question though. I knew some Olympic athletes were getting NILs. Why would I have asked that?

We are not talking about individual athletes and NILs anymore..but NILs towards whole teams. Would just be curious how non-revenue teams here feel about that..that’s all. Maybe I worded the question wrong, my bad

Reactions: Knight Shift
I knew the answer to that question though. I knew some Olympic athletes were getting NILs. Why would I have asked that?

We are not talking about individual athletes and NILs anymore..but NILs towards whole teams. Would just be curious how non-revenue teams here feel about that..that’s all. Maybe I worded the question wrong, my bad
I think they are probably realistic and understand the pecking order. Eventually all teams might get supported. The big stars on the Olympic sports teams have deals already.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I think they are probably realistic and understand the pecking order. Eventually all teams might get supported. The big stars on the Olympic sports teams have deals already.

I hope eventually they will.

I said when NIL became a thing that this will lead to the death of Olympic sports in college.

Hopefully im wrong…but I feel initiatives like this…while great for football and hoops..may lead to it.

In the news release we have included that before this we have done more than 60 deals with athletes representing 15 of the 24 sports. We also commit to do deals with athletes representing the remaining nine sports before the end of the year.

Jon

This is now big business. What does fairness have to do with anything?

Wasn’t that already the situation?
Last place football players receive full scholarships while other sports have to deal with partials, significantly less funding compared to football.

Reactions: fsg2

Nothing's fair and you answered your own question-- without successful revenue sports there's no non revenue ones.

This is what you're worried about right now, Deb?

Great work, KTR!

Sure. Hopefully this helps lead to success in football and wbb..no doubt
And success there certainly leads to success everywhere. Olympic sport athletes love going to colleges where football and basketball are great all else equal.

Reactions: Rutgers8086
Wasn’t that already the situation?
Last place football players receive full scholarships while other sports have to deal with partials, significantly less funding compared to football.

But at least with respect to lacrosse that's due to NCAA limits. Ohio St. is subject to the same limitation as Rutgers.

This is obviously a pretty big deal and doesn't happen with all of your support.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...etball-player-will-sign-nil-deal-in-2023.html

This is just the beginning. We still have a week to go on the MIllion Dollar Match.

Please spread the word if you can.

https://knightsoftheraritan.com/join/

Thanks,

Jon
Can someone explain to me what the monthly sub is? When joining it, asks for a sport. Does this mean all your money goes towards one sport? And you would need to sub for multiple sports to support them?

Sorry if this is already explained elsewhere

Kudos to Jon and KTR

Absolutely essential across the board if we hope to compete

As you know I love NIL and am stoked to see how far we can take this thing

Reactions: RUBlackout7
I think your a little off on that...NIL deals are going on now in every Sport especially the top athletes and top teams...I know in Wrestling there are deals all over...Maybe it's only a leased vehicle or a couple grand in most cases but it can be Big for top Athletes...NJ Wrestler Nick Suriano and former RU National Champ was reported to get 200g to wrestle for Michigan last year..I'm sure it's big for top soccer, baseball, lacrosse and other top athletes also. I'm sure there are some Huge deals for Baseball players in SEC

Reactions: robcac26
Can someone explain to me what the monthly sub is? When joining it, asks for a sport. Does this mean all your money goes towards one sport? And you would need to sub for multiple sports to support them?

Sorry if this is already explained elsewhere
You can join at different $$$ levels that get up different member benefits. You can choose "all sports" which goes into a pot that allows $$$ allocation to any sport as directed by our executive commitee. Or you can designate all your money to go to a specific sport and that money will go just to student athletes from that sport.

If you want to designate $$$ to more than one specific sport you unfortunately have to create specific memberships for each sport. Hoping we can change that in the future but that is a limitation right now.

Reactions: theRU
You can join at different $$$ levels that get up different member benefits. You can choose "all sports" which goes into a pot that allows $$$ allocation to any sport as directed by our executive commitee. Or you can designate all your money to go to a specific sport and that money will go just to student athletes from that sport.

If you want to designate $$$ to more than one specific sport you unfortunately have to create specific memberships for each sport. Hoping we can change that in the future but that is a limitation right now.
Thanks for answering. if I chose a high dollar sub to a specific sport, the signed poster would come from an athlete from that same sport? Or it could be any sport?

This sounds great but until $ amounts are out... what does this mean? Do 80% of Athletes get $300?..Didn't Texas say if you play OL for them your guaranteed 50g

You can donate and specified where the money goes.

Reactions: mikemarc1
Thanks for answering. if I chose a high dollar sub to a specific sport, the signed poster would come from an athlete from that same sport? Or it could be any sport?
I'd imagine at a high-value subscriber category, we could work with you on specificity for the signed poster. @RUJON - do you agree?

I'd imagine at a high-value subscriber category, we could work with you on specificity for the signed poster. @RUJON - do you agree?
No worries just curious what the expectations are. Ie. If someone designates only football would they potentially receive a volleyball poster or whatever. Not even sure what the posters are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT