ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.com. ( Preview - You Won't Like This)

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
I will begin on an up-note, Politi is a small little prick who probably got stuffed in lockers when he was in High School and took to journalism so he could use his words against the bullies who gave him wedgies and swirlies

Fast forward to Duggan, who most on here hate, but the kid was an investigative journalist and he broke the Dave Cohen bullying story and ended up being spot on for most of his pieces. Unfortunately, he leaked the playbook online and the media is still paying for that, but overall, he was a tough but fair reporter

By all counts, Sarge is well respected by his peers. Is he under orders from his d-bag editor to write slam pieces - YES, but what has he done in the past few years that one would consider improper

I actually think the worst reporter by far is Todderick. Of course, he is the most popular, since he just writes puff pieces and can turn any walk-on into a 4 star athlete, getting mad at TH would be like getting angry at your harmless 90 year old grandfather. And yes, I would guess a very high percentage of Toddericks sources are from the 2 boards, so he gets paid to receive Twitter alerts and write puff pieces - good work if you can find it

Finally, I have literally saved the best for last. Kratch is without a doubt, the most thorough and accurate reporter to cover Rutgers. His integrity seems above reproach, his insights are well thought out and as a collective group, we should be THANKFUL that NJ.com allocates such resources to the dumpster fire that has been out program since 2015.

In retrospect, they had tons of negative press on Julie and it was all very well deserved ( she lied in her very first press conference) and even though I am STILL a fan of Kyle Flood - as both a coach and a person - they were correct in their negative bias there

If the season goes as expected, and IF we lose to BC by game 3, expect the coverage to be relentless but well deserved. I, for one, will read each and every story that Sarge and Kratch put out, and will be thankful that we have 2 great writers sourcing us content

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News