ADVERTISEMENT

NJIT changing conferences

I am happy for NJIT but I am a bit disappointed as I graduated from Bellarmine University a Franciscan school in Louisville, KY where my twin brother and I each had partial scholarships for Cross Country. Bellarmine will be D-1 in September for all sports and were going to be in the same league as NJIT so I could have seen them play in Newark each season. Now that will not be the case. Bellarmine won the NCAA D-2 title in 2011 and have made the Final Four of D-2 for I think 4 times. They have been D-1 in lacrosse for quite a few years but now will move up for all sports.

Reactions: Plum Street
This will save them a ton of money . Still don’t know how they built that new arena or moved up to Division 1 for all sports without any TV money and smallish crowds. That being said, it probably makes more sense for them than FDU or Saint Peters. Anytime I see highlights from those two, it looks like there are 350 people for basketball games. Good change for NJIT.

It's a very logical move for NJIT. Hopefully, it will help them develop some rivalries. Does the America East have any TV contract?

It seats 3,500 but looks very nice. I hope they can do well.
Only three years old, but I think it , like Monmouths new arena, has better amenities than The RAC. Of course, better amenities to me would be if they don’t have high school size bathrooms like a certain Big Ten school.

Only three years old, but I think it , like Monmouths new arena, has better amenities than The RAC. Of course, better amenities to me would be if they don’t have high school size bathrooms like a certain Big Ten school.

3500 is prob too small for RU to go play there.

If it was 5-6k, it would be cool to have RU play on NJITs campus.

Well , they did something we haven’t done: beat Michigan!! I hope they do well. Lots of talent to go around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT