ADVERTISEMENT

No. 19 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse To Face UMass on Long Island Saturday

I'd be shocked if we don't play much better this week. Had the same feeling prior to the Loyola game.

Their goalie is very good. We need to make our shots count when we get them. They play a quirky style.

Get the win, then the new season starts. 6-2 with high value targets in sight.

Reactions: Wagram97
Wow, didn't realize UMass only lost to Army by 1 goal, compared to us getting blitzed by Army by 9 goals.

As an aside, according to the preview article, "There will also be a live stream, available for free on the Varsity Media YouTube page, with Dylan Butler and Brian Soper on the call." Thank goodness I don't have to just watch the "Live Stats" LOL.

Hoping for better weather than the past couple of games. One good thing about the location, lot of good places to eat in Farmingdale.

Wow, didn't realize UMass only lost to Army by 1 goal, compared to us getting blitzed by Army by 9 goals.

As an aside, according to the preview article, "There will also be a live stream, available for free on the Varsity Media YouTube page, with Dylan Butler and Brian Soper on the call." Thank goodness I don't have to just watch the "Live Stats" LOL.

But lost to Vermont last Saturday. The goalie is solid, however.

Lacrosse is simply getting more parity every year. This year it's wide open. If you don't come to play you are going to get beat by almost anyone on your schedule.

Umass plays hard. They also have a quirky style. The play Army tough every year it seems. I wasn't surprised that game was close.

We need to come out and execute on Saturday. Last weekend is not who this team is. But they have to show that on Sat.

The good to great teams bring it every week…that’s the reality…

Historically the best teams don’t have high “highs” and low “lows”…the plays with consistency and they don’t panic when things don’t go well…they just keep doing what they do and find ways to win…

I’m guessing if you polled every coach in D1 (or any level) they would say the hardest thing to do is get their teams ready to bring consistent effort every week…

The really good teams do that…

Reactions: Caliknight
I’m not sure there are any great teams this year. Some may become that. I think Army is a cut above at this half way point but almost everyone has had a bad game. Some more than others. It’s wide open though. Get hot stay hot from here is the teams that will have the real chance to do something in May.

Odd that it's not streamed on B1G+, but I guess they/we didn't want to bring our video gear to this middle school.

At the game. Losing almost every 50/50 ball. D looking like it’s the old bad habits and allowing too many open looks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT