ADVERTISEMENT

Non-Conference Duals 2024-25

Should've been at Boardwalk Hall in AC IMO. And no Rider this year? Did they get sick of us kicking their asses?
Not sure why they bailed but Rider is probably going to be down this year. Koehler, Kinner both graduated, and Klinsky will be taking a redshirt year. Alvarez transfers in but who knows what he is anymore. Only real decent wrestlers they have besides that are Szuba and Washleski.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Not sure why they bailed but Rider is probably going to be down this year. Koehler, Kinner both graduated, and Klinsky will be taking a redshirt year. Alvarez transfers in but who knows what he is anymore. Only real decent wrestlers they have besides that are Szuba and Washleski.
Rider planning on Szuba redshirting also this coming season.

Reactions: SCNJ
Not a fan of wrestling NCST in TR. Was that the only way they'd wrestle us? That match should be at the RAC. Really disappointing.

Last edited:
Not a fan of wrestling NCST in TR. Was that the only way they'd wrestle us? That match should be at the RAC. Really disappointing.
Goodale lives in TR and his kids went to North so I’m willing to bet the powers that be in that town made some sort of deal with him.

No this is a Popolizio event. They are paying us NIL $$$ to hold the event there. If anyone wants to match what they are paying us to NIL Dcott would look into changing it to Jersey Mikes!
Interesting. The arena isn’t cheap to rent out and I know TR schools have serious budget issues so this will probably make them some money. Wonder why he’d want it at the small venue.

Reactions: Leonard23
No this is a Popolizio event. They are paying us NIL $$$ to hold the event there. If anyone wants to match what they are paying us to NIL Dcott would look into changing it to Jersey Mikes!
Bill I’m missing something here. Popolizio is the NC State coach. What exactly does “Popolizio event” mean? The arena is now called RWJ Barnabas arena so there is also that connection to Rutgers although it may just be a convenient coincidence.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Bill I’m missing something here. Popolizio is the NC State coach. What exactly does “Popolizio event” mean? The arena is now called RWJ Barnabas arena so there is also that connection to Rutgers although it may just be a convenient coincidence.
It is his brother(lives in NY), who runs the Journeymen duals and the journeyman individual tournaments in the Lehigh valley. He is a master promoter and his events do well. He is probably cutting RU a nice check to have the match in TR.

It is his brother(lives in NY), who runs the Journeymen duals and the journeyman individual tournaments in the Lehigh valley. He is a master promoter and his events do well. He is probably cutting RU a nice check to have the match in TR.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope that our season ticket holders get a chance for early purchase! The Asbury Park Press does a great job covering Rutgers wrestling and hopefully that translates to robust ticket sales.

Reactions: Leonard23
How many home duals are there going to be this year, only 6? Geez.
Yeah, that blows. 18 matches and only 6 home, so much for the RAC atmosphere. We'll be scouring the internet for Rutgers Wrestling content. Let's hope another Stanford doesn't occur.

People bitch about needing to recruit outside of NJ and then complain about the amount of away matches.

It's all part of the plan.

People bitch about needing to recruit outside of NJ and then complain about the amount of away matches.

Um, no. We're not complaining about the number of away matches. We're complaining about the number of home duals. 1) Season tickets are priced for the season, not for the number of home duals. It's the same price no matter how many duals. Same with the parking season pass. 2) While I might go to Princeton or Rider for a Rutgers dual, and will go to the Prudential Center or MSG for a Rutgers dual, I am not going to go to Kent St. or Clarion for a Rutgers dual. Why did season ticket numbers go down last year? I assume the downward trend may continue this year.

And I don't want to hear that "no one wants to wrestle at the RAC". BS. Does Iowa have problems with filling out their home schedule? PSU? Either of the two OSUs? Please.

Reactions: koleszar

Dude it would be like football having 3 home games, 1 neutral site played at Yankee stadium and 8 away. Fans would go nuts. The media would be asking if our AD had his head up his ass while making the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT